Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Super June 2021 Ontario

Walking down the aisle music

Samantha, on December 4, 2019 at 12:44 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
I want to hear what song you have chosen/chose for your walk down the aisle! What made you choose it?

Ever since Twilight was a thing (so 14 years?! lol) the war that was raged about how River Flows In You by Yiruma should've been Bella's Lullaby, I knew I would be walking down the aisle to that song and without question is still the song I want.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Liarra, on December 6, 2019 at 16:37
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had changed my mind so much. Generally I like more old school songs but I went a totally different direction and I'll be walking down the aisle to "Stand by me" (Cover) by Florence and the Machine. My bridesmaids and littles will be walking down before me to "Higher Love" (Cover) by James Vincent McMorrow.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also picked Canon in D by Pachelbel our church gave me a list of songs and i liked that one. to me it doesnt matter which song i walk into

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a generic wedding song - Canon in D by Pachelbel. Actually really excited for it!
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a beautiful song Samantha.

We each decided on a song. I picked Marry Me by Train, and it will be played by a violinist. Something about that song, when I first heard it I could see myself walking down the aisle towards my FH! Then after we are announced Mr. & Mrs. we will be walking out to Star Wars The Throne Room Song!! A little tribute to our nerdy side and his mom, who introduced him to Star Wars and is no longer with us.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose an Indian song for the wedding party as well as us walking down. My mom accompanied me as husbands aunt accompanied him.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my Husband (accompanied by his Mom): I've Got The World On A String - Frank Sinatra

For our Wedding Party: First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes

For me (accompanied by both my parents): Lover - Taylor Swift

Everybody walking back: Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Stevie Wonder

He chose his, we chose the wedding party song because we just both like it, and I chose Lover by Taylor Swift because it fit us so well. It even has a line in there that says "I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all" and we have been together... for three summers now.... and I want them all Smiley tongue

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that song, so beautiful!

I walked down to an acoustic cover of Despacito. It is my DH's favourite song, but I don't really care for the original version (especially with J Biebs). I thought he'd like hearing it before marrying his dream girl lol

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I discovered the band of my song from Twilight, actually! "Turning Page" is from the movie, but I'm walking to "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles". It's a beautiful piano rendition of the classic hit!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just listened to it and it's gorgeous! I totally understand how it reminds you of a fantasy/elvish vibe. FH and I are both Gaelic and Scottish so we've tied some small details of that into our wedding too. I definitely think it's important to have some kind of nod to your heritage, so I hope you go ahead and use it🙂
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m trying to convince my fw to let me have my own song. I want to use The Loxian Gate by Enya. It’s very entrance-y sounding and the elvish it’s in reminds me of my Gaelic heritage.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics