Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Devoted August 2019 Alberta

Vows

Brittany, on April 3, 2019 at 12:16 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13

So I have been working on my vows for a while now. Trying to find a good balance of sappy and funny.

I would rather keep them a secret from family and friends, so that everyone hears them for the first time the day of.

I am nervous however, and would love some feedback or reassurance. So this is where you come in! Also if you lovelies think they are a good length? Or if there is any wording I can change?

So Here goes nothing:

From the first day we met, I knew you were this amazing one of a kind man, with a huge heart. I had so much love for you right from the very start. But at the time, I didn’t share that same love for myself.

You saw something in me that I couldn’t, and brought out the side of myself I had lost a long time ago.

I’m at home when I am with you. I can be my silly, weird, only sometimes obnoxious self, and you accept me for all of it.

Every day with you my love has grown stronger. For you, for me, and for the life we have built together.

I promise to never let that love fade.

I promise to talk to you about ALL of my feelings.

And to listen when you need a shoulder to lean on.

I promise to always try to be my best self.

And to never forget that you’re trying to.

I promise to apologize a million times over if I’ve been an idiot

And to forgive you for anything, the moment you kiss my forehead.

I promise to laugh at your jokes, even when they aren’t that funny.

And to never lose the playfulness & humour that fills our home.

I promise to only gloat a little, when I am hitting better than you in slo-pitch.

And to always be your loudest cheerleader- in everything you do

I promise to be your partner as long as we both shall live.

In life, in love, in marriage, and in beer pong of course.

But most importantly…

I choose you - as my best friend, and the carrier of my heart. I chose you from the moment we met, and I promise that I will continue to choose you every day, for the rest of our lives.

I love you Jordan.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Paige, on May 17, 2019 at 09:04
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow these are beautiful, definitely brought tears to my eyes and such a good mix of sentimental and personalization. Awesome job!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for the feedback! Appreciate it. I wanted to make sure I was coming through the way I intended. I am thankful for all of you, and your kind words.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Literally goosebumps reading this! Love it! Very well written.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love these! The ending is very close to the end of my vows too! I think they are great just the way they are and the length isn't too long at all.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! they are amazing! Honoured you chose to share them with the Weddingwire Community!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley cry They're beautiful! the perfect balance of sappy and light hearted homour.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley heart Literal chills from the first part and then wanting to cry by the end!!

I wouldn't change a thing!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can I cry now?! Smiley cry LOVE your vows Brittany!! Smiley heart

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such beautiful vows! There won’t be a dry eye in the room after you say those ☺️
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That is what I was going for, and I am glad it's coming through that way to others.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! I was definitely trying to make it personal, and not just some general proclamation that could have been anyone's. He is the emotional one, he already cries thinking about certain things and I love it. Smiley smile He will probably be the reason I am a blubbering mess on our wedding day haha.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it! I think you really get to the root of your love and connection and I like that a lot! I also appreciate that you added some extra humour in there too which is funny to you both. Its a great mix of deep connection and light hearted jokes. Great job!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, Brittany, this is so amazing. I don't even know what to say, I feel like I know you and your FH just from reading these lines. You did a beautiful job, I am sure your groom will LOVE this (I bet he cries too!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics