Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner September 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador

Vista Print - Reception only invites

Taylor, on February 20, 2020 at 14:26 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious if anyone ordered "reception only" invite cards from Vista Print? We are having a very small ceremony, so most invites will be the reception cards. I notice on Vista Print though that they all say "Join us for Dinner and Dancing", with the details but names of bride and groom aren't on them.

Should we add text for our names? Or is it normal to just show the "join us for dinner and dancing" message?

Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on February 23, 2020 at 16:52
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did this and later realized that i did not have the date anywhere on them, so definitely don't make the same mistake i did! i would add your names as well if i were you

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also like Tori’s suggestion!
    I ordered all my stuff from Vistaprint- they were awesome. Our reply cards came and half of them were cut off/sideways...a total train wreck... I called them as soon as I opened the box, and they had new ones shipped out that night... they arrived express post the following afternoon free of charge. Exceptional customer service and affordable too!
  • T
    Beginner September 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea!! Thank you
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori's wording for the reception card! We ordered our save the dates and wedding invites from Vistaprint and we loved them. We also ordered them on a specialty paper, which was nice because they made it less flimsy.

• M
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Msss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased digital templates on Etsy, edited them to meet our needs, and uploaded them to Vistaprint. Smiley smile Made my life a bit easier lol
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could get someone to design an invite that matches your weddings ( wording and style ) and then print the invites yourself if you are nervous about finding something that is clearly a reception only invite
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The good thing is the vistaprint cards are customizable so you can add your babes on an existing template. We actually took their reception card for the template we loved and made a save the date out of it!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Tori! Something like "celebrate the wedding of" or anywhere it says ceremony remove those details or swap them for reception. You still want it to feel like an invitation and not an insert so people feel important!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I would just use a regular invitation layout and where most of them say "request your presence at the marriage of.." or whatever, just change it to say something along the lines of "will be married in a private ceremony earlier in the day but request your presence for the fun part" Smiley tongue That way it still has your names first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics