Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2020 Alberta

Videographer worth it?

Tabitha, on September 9, 2019 at 11:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25
Did any of you guys hire a videographer? And do you think it’s worth it? Any suggestions on who to hire if you’ve hired one?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Tabitha, on November 4, 2019 at 15:02
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No no, that’s ok. I probably won’t hire one since they’re very expensive. Thank you!
  • Kimberly
    Curious November 2021 Manitoba
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% knew that we would be getting a videographer. It was VERY important to us both and we picked our date specifically to allow us to have our top choice be available. It's something we'll want to look back on for years to come and allow our friends and family to look at he day through a different point-of-view and further allow us to customize music and how we see our special day. Will be worth every penny.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They’re fully booked!! I’m so sorry Smiley sad
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input. This was exactly my feeling too. Thank you!
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, girl. Our wedding is in September 2020.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I would sit down and watch a video enough to make it worth it.

Photos we will display and occasionally flip through, but I've never once wished I could look at a video from another significant life event.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They haven’t done our wedding yet so I can’t speak on the work they did for us. Our wedding isn’t until July.

When is your wedding? I know he’s booked up pretty well for next year already.
  • S
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Sumin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Kelsie, do you recommend the videographer and if yes can you share his/her contact? Thanks Smiley smile
  • Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely worth it. It was one of the must-haves on my list because my parents had one and as a kid I always loved watching it. My parents just celebrated their 30th Anniversary and I made a highlight video of their full video and played it for my family. It was so amazing because we got to see those family members that have passed away.

I'm excited to be able to watch it back in the future.

• Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one! I think video captures something that photos can't. It'll be so fun to look back on one day and be able to show our kids.

• T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks to everyone!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's so worth it!

I have a large family & I want to make sure everything is captured. The moments, the people & everything that happens on that day, as I would love to relive the moment and watch the video later in life, or to even show my kids one day.
    I think it's such a special moment & hopefully a o

Once in a lifetime moment for everyone as well, and I think it should 100% be captured. Pictures for me just don't do justice, but saying this, my family are very video, and photo friendly people. I am sure my Grandfather will be on Facebook live playing the wedding for all our family back in Colombia who couldn't be there with us.

It's completely your choice though!

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have not yet booked one. We're on the fence to be honest. We have seen wedding videos that are so amazing and some that aren't good at all and everything is just so expensive we just aren't sure we want to spend the extra money and it really not be worth it.

We still have some time to give it more thought....but for right now, we just don't know if we will go with a videographer or not. We are in the same position as you!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it's not too important. We may have a family member video tape it if he feels like it. If you want it and it's in your budget totally go for it
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired one. i want to be able to watch the whole wedding afterwards cuz i feel like on the day of you dont have time to intake everything and it all happens so fast! if you dont want to pay an arm and leg and dont care too much - hire a student videograpgher that way you get the video plus you didnt spend a ton!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t and I don’t regret it. We talk about our wedding often, but I don’t feel like I’m missing out by not being able to watch it again.
    If it’s important to you, I would say do it because I do have a friend who regrets not having it videotaped. Even if they are there just for the ceremony, I think that’s the only part that is hard to capture by photos only.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with one. We found a decent deal ($1900 +tax) and I really wanted to capture at very least the ceremony and speeches. I know if we tried to video it ourselves, we wouldn't get good sound, if any at all so I convinced FH it's worth it lol.

• T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice. I’ve contacted a few students but many of them declined. Thanks again!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A professional videographer is worth their price based on their work and final result. Starting students in the college will not charge as much if you don't mind going with them.

• T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds good. I might just opt out of this for our wedding then.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya... crazy expensive!

In the end I will be paying around $700 plus tax for the ceremony video. (We are aiming for a short 15 min. ceremony at most.)

• T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your help. I’ve emailed a few and their prices go from $3K and up.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a videographer but only for the ceremony and only because we got a deal. I knew I wanted the moment we become Husband and Wife on film so I waited until after the wedding show as the prices were still too high and then closer to the wedding (6 month mark) I contacted some and explained my budget and what I am looking for. I was able to find one that was willing to come down in price! From their point of view they can either video tape your wedding for lower than they are used to - or not make any money that weekend!

• T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for letting me know!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hired one but only because we got a phenomenal deal. We hired friends of my sister’s who are starting their own business. They do have some experience but not a lot.

we would not have done it had it not been for the great deal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics