Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sondra
Frequent user August 2022 Ontario

Venues near Peterborough, ON

Sondra, on August 17, 2019 at 00:50 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hello!

I had already found a fairytale venue that my FH and I are in love with, but my great grandmother has announced that she is uncomfortable being so far from home (Peterborough) and she won't be able to attend. She said she is happy watching the wedding video and does not want me to change my wedding to suit her needs. I told her I wouldn't make any quick decisions, but I really want to find a venue that is closer to town for her.

Our wedding theme is 'romantic garden'. If anyone knows of anywhere that is close yet still stunning and we can host our own open bar I would love some input!

We are on a limited budget for our venue as we are paying for airfare and accommodations for 75 of our guests.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 19, 2019 at 10:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I checked out the website and the pictures itself looked beautiful by itself. I hope its the one that fits your choice.

• Sondra
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the help! Nestleton is still too far, unfortunately (but absolutely STUNNING). I will checkout Northview Gardens!

• Sondra
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for reaching out Tori! I hadn't thought of putting on my wedding dress while I show her the video.

I really appreciate the support!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I unfortunately can't help with suggestions, but I will say that my FH's Amma won't be making our wedding for the same reason. She is too old and fragile to make a trip so she had to miss the last 2 weddings and now ours as well. - I know you want to find something closer so she can attend and I hope you do!! Buuuuuut, if you can't, just know that it happens to lots of people and that as much as it sucks, you will get to put on your wedding dress and show her the video and it will mean so much to her!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WW Vendors has some venues that can provide discounts for being a member of this site thus resulting in paying less than the usual amount.

Alternative venues also found are:

https://www.northviewgardens.ca

Nestleton Waters Inn

Hope this helps out with your search.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics