Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Genna
Curious July 2022 British Columbia

Venues for wedding and reception in BC or Alberta Rockies?

Genna, on December 30, 2019 at 21:03 Posted in Alberta 0 8
Want to have a nice low-key wedding in a nice quiet location that is not a city or highly sought out. The wedding will only be Max 50 people. Really aiming towards somewhere near water especially the ocean. Thoughts?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Genna, on January 7, 2020 at 21:18
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Been looking thanks to your reply. Thanks for the tip
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user April 2020 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Pyramid lake. Using the island in the park for the ceremony (which is free during the "off" season and like 50 bucks during the "on" season. Recepion at pyramid lake resort. There is a room with 90 person capacity and one with 50 person. It is just outside of Jasper on a lake and in the mountains. they do the catering, basic decor and bar. They have been great to deal with

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Genna,

I sent you a PM with some specifics from our day. Let me know if there's anything else I can share with you!

• Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes please. We live in Calgary and don't want to marry here. We wanted somewhere with water and mountains. Going to be a very small wedding too
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our reception was at Murietta's and we had a really nice plated meal with multiple options (including appetizer, salad, dessert and main) and I think it was $62 per person (they had lower and higher cost options as well). Our ceremony was at Rundleview Parkette and it was $400 to rent that space. Then there was the décor and chairs, etc... Let me know if you want more info!

• Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    May I ask how much that cost roughly?
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked at places like Tofino? You should be able to have a small guest list and be right by the ocean there...

We had 44 guests in Canmore (not by the ocean, but lots of lakes and mountains) and it was so lovely! This gorgeous country should have lots of options for you to explore!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are some places that are beautiful out of the city range will be nice and quiet as you want and low key. They may be some resorts too if that does keep with activities for family to enjoy including a beach.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics