Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristina
Newbie August 2021 Alberta

Venues

Kristina, on September 15, 2019 at 21:25 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Hey everyone! I am Kristina, and I just got engaged last December. I have been searching for venues, but feel like my head is spinning. What venues has everyone had experience with, or does anyone know of any really good cheap ones in edmonton. I have been looking around, but it doesn't seem like there is much.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Anna, on September 19, 2019 at 14:00
  • Anna
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries and all the best to you!! We have a more modest budget than you too so I can certainly understand where you're coming from. Don't want to compromise quality and the experience for your guests.

The last big thing for us to secure is the caterer and bartenders. All the best!!
  • Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey thanks so much! Our wedding budget is hopefully to stay just below 12 grand. We aren't opposed to bumping it up a little bit if needed but would like to have it as DIY, and cheap as possible. Thank you! I will defn. Take a look at the art gallery! It sounds very pretty.
  • Mackayla
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Mackayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on the engagement! As for venues I booked with Mount Royal University in Calgary, they are great. They have great prices and their food is amazing. I have a woman who is running the show on the day so I have no worries. She also takes care of all the arrangements from food tasting to making sure things get set up. It’s awesome and less stressful! Good luck.
  • Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I am getting married in edmonton Smiley smile
  • Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who did you end up going with if you do not mind me asking ?
  • Anna
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Kristina!!

Congratulations!! Have you considered venues just outside of Edmonton? I live in Sherwood Park and will be having our wedding here too. We have found a venue that is very "us" by exploring outside of the box. It's a local and private art gallery. We found The Spark Centre in Sherwood Park which is very flexible and you can bring your own food and drinks. If you choose to also have your ceremony there too. Some bonuses to consider are that this venue has tables (cocktail and dining), chairs and linens for us to use, a kitchen (just for preparation - no stove), can pay extra to come in the day before to decorate and day after for cleaning, they can provide bartenders for a fee and cleaners for a fee.

I don't know how large of a wedding you're having or what your budget is like but it is definitely worthwhile exploring venues you may not have typically considered.

All the best!!
  • Shauntay
    Beginner October 2019 British Columbia
    Shauntay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I went with a venue that does just about everything for you!! Its actually not that bad in price, and less stress! This way you cut your deposits in half, and dont have to worry about as many deposits or rentals etc.. I really appreciate my venue, they decorate, do the dinner, the dj, the drink bar, they have a shuttle to!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I may not be from that area, but when I first started searching I looked at every venue that is out there. Hotels, wineries, halls, restaurants. Anything that I thought could have a big wedding, or had a big enough room, I added to my list and emailed them to get some information.

As Tori said, Look at wedding shows, there are many venues that go to wedding shows and sometimes have great deals!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know I'm not in AB - but I found my venue by attending the wonderful wedding show here in WPG. Do you by chance have anything like that in Edmonton that you can attend? I know the one here is only in January (so once a year), but maybe you could attend one?

If not, I found that contacting literally everyone to get prices with the same copy & paste request worked!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kristina! Congrats on your engagement and welcome to Wedding Wire!

What type of venue are you looking for? Do you know how many guests you are planning, or will you pick the venue first and then decide on the number of guests?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics