Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jourdan
Newbie May 2024 British Columbia

Venue suggestions

Jourdan, on September 13, 2020 at 11:23 Posted in British Columbia 0 6
Hi guys! I am looking to have a wedding in western Canada. I am wanting things to be fancy and classy.. apart from the food!! I want to have pizza and a poutine bar for the main dinner haha.
Lots of the venues I have looked at you have to use their catering company any venue suggestions?!?

Thanks!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on November 1, 2020 at 20:10
  • Maria
    Newbie July 2023 British Columbia
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I loved the idea of having my wedding at the vancouver art gallery! It is a great blank canvas and they allow outdoor vendors, the only issue is the time restriction and guest count. Ultimately I choose a different location based on the restrictions but if you are open to having a 5pm set up this might work for you!
  • Jourdan
    Jourdan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Anything that can be “spruced up” would be good as well. Like I said my main concern is the food lol.
  • Jourdan
    Jourdan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am pretty open.. I am in the early stages of planning and my main concern is being able to find a place that allows me to bring my own catering
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What I mean is be specific. Generic banquet halls while bare bones can be spruced up to be pretty fancy using decor. Likewise, country clubs can be suitable for both a classic affair or a contemporary casual vibe.

If you're looking for a hotel but are on a small budget, you probably can't get a luxury hotel like a Fairmont property but maybe something at a Hilton or Sheraton?

• Jourdan
    Jourdan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I guess I would call it elegant. I don’t have much of a budget.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey, I think it would help for you to define "fancy and classy." People have different scales/tastes for this kind of thing. Also, what's your budget? No use in getting suggestions if your budget can't accommodate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics