Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brett
Curious July 2020 Saskatchewan

Venue issues

Brett, on May 19, 2020 at 00:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I am starting to get very frustrated. I got an email from my venue 2 weeks ago to arrange a phone call to talk about details. But have not heard anything since!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 19, 2020 at 17:38
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would keep calling them or leave a note on their website

• Alexandria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am in the exact same boat, but for Ottawa
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second Amelia's suggestion of cc'ing another email in your follow up. Since your venue is a hotel, there's likely a catering manager or info@ generic email listed as well. Once you send the email, give the hotel a call. Maybe you'll get a hold of someone but if not, you can always leave a voice mail.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally get in contact with them and touch base again. She might be just be super busy.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Things taking a wrong turn for the worse is the case no one wants to face. The other case is she may be busy with her things as the office may be closed until they open. Its hard to believe no one checks their email outside of the office to ensure all clients are being taken care of their issues. Hopefully soon, you will get some answers and know where you two are on the planning stages. I hope the best for you and keep patient as its a difficult time for everyone to come through.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would follow up again, maybe an email today just letting them know you're touching base and if you still don't hear back try calling tomorrow or Thursday. If there is a generic email on their website I would CC that in your message in case the person you're trying to reach isn't available and so it goes to two inboxes hopefully doubling the chance of getting an answer.

Like you've said they're probably quite busy with everyone needing to reschedule due to covid, but they still shouldn't ignore you completely.
  • Brett
    Curious July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I emailed again 5 days ago. Still no response. I am truly trying to be patient because of this pandemic and the fact that she’s a different person than I originally dealt with when I booked my venue (the other lady was laid off and then moved to BC., I’m in sask). But it’s very frustrating when she says she was planning on calling to touch base to make sure we were on the same page. And then no word for 2 weeks.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you haven’t done so already, I would take matters into your own hands and follow up! And then do so periodically until you get ahold of someone. It’s promising that they reached out; it doesn’t sound like they are intentionally being evasive. Hopefully they just have their hands full with Covid related crises / postponements. Good luck!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics