Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Frequent user May 2020 Ontario

Venue hunting pt. 2!

Taylor, on January 17, 2017 at 18:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hello everyone,

So I am back after doing some venue hunting and taking some time off from online. I was hoping you lovely individuals would share some venues that they had or are having their wedding at! I understand no venues are really low cost, but I'm a huge DIY person BUT I'm looking for somewhere with good food that can have about 80-100 people! I just don't want to wait forever to get married because I can't find a nice venue! Smiley smile

I've looked at Ancaster Mill/ Cambridge Mill/ Old Toronto Mill

Whistle Bear, Liuna Station, Glenerin Gold Club, La Salle Park

I know its a lot of options but I'd like to find one that won't break the budget!

Thanks,

Tay

9 Comments

Latest activity by Micheala, on February 15, 2017 at 08:47
  • Micheala
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    HeyI totally understand the stress of looking for a venue. Whatbwe are doing to save on cost is having our wedding in the fall (oct 28). Most places after thanks giving have low season prices. We got pur venue for 50% off because its a slow time of year http://www.paintedboat.comAlso to save costs with the venue is if u can donthe ceremony and reception at tue same place. Good luck i left the link of where we are going
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exams are definitely more important! Welcome back!

Well my venue is Hernder Estates Winery in St.Catharines and I love them! We had our tasting a few weeks ago and the food was SO GOOD, I had a really hard time picking! The prices are pretty reasonable, they seems high at first, but that's because they build almost everything into the price (open bar, 4 course meal, DJ, tables, linens, DOC, etc). I HIGHLY recommend them!! And they have been great at answering all my questions as they pop up, and accomodating my groups MANY food restrictions. Plus the grounds are beautiful and the venue space is great! If you get married on the property, they will take your guests on a wine tour while you go get photos done, to fill the gap until the bar opens/cocktail hour starts (my guests are REALLY excited about that). I'd be happy to tell you anything you want about my experience if you were interested in booking them

• Taylor
    Frequent user May 2020 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry I've been a bit absent from the community! Exams were quickly approaching and something had to cave. Around the GTA would be nice but if we have to travel a bit then so be it! St. Catharines isn't far at all!

Taylor

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Taylor, I went to the Wedding Ring Expo in Oakville today and apparently Sheridan College now has a conference centre and they do weddings!!!!!!!!!! You may want to check it out! They also have a contest to win your wedding for free. I look a pic for you. You might want to check it out ! Good luck!

Venue hunting pt. 2! - 1
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lovely!!!!!!!!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh ya Club Roma is nice. Our venue is at the edge of Vineland, Hernder Estates Winery

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding in St. Catharines called Club Roma! And it was amazing food! Where is your venue?
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey welcome back! Are you looking to stay in the GTA? I love my venue out in St.Catharines and it's not TOO far away

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome back Taylor!!!! We checked out a majority of those! We decided on Oakville Convention Centre. Their price was great! And I know the food there is awesome! We are getting married on a Sunday, May 20, 2018! If you call there ask for Zorka. She's the one that helped us One place I love is Paletta Mansion! That's where I hope to have my wedding shower. They are part of the Edge Hospitality Group, same as the OCC. Paletta is a beautiful venue and can hold about 85 seated. The grounds are amazing too. They also have the catering contract for LaSalle Park in Burlington. That's a great spot too! I found Luina Station and the Gardens were way over priced ! And a few people I know had weddings there and weren't that impressed. The place we was going to book with was the Marquis Gardens in Ancaster but their room only held 200 people and it wasn't big enough for us. The hall was great and they had a great menu. If you call there ask for Deanna Boden. She's great to deal with and their menu options were great.
    Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics