Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Newbie August 2019 British Columbia

Venue help??

Stephanie, on April 8, 2018 at 13:52 Posted in British Columbia 0 7
Hi! I'm just beginning to plan our wedding and we're trying to keep the costs lowww low low. The plan is to have a food truck cater and to provide our own liquor/bar. I understand we need a special event liquor permit but I'm at a loss as to which venues would allow this without us having to use their bar and their catering. Looking in the lower mainland specifically near-ish Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows area if anyone is local.
Can't hurt to ask right? I'm thrilled with how much help this app has been so far.
Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on April 16, 2018 at 18:22
  • Nicole
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure about he size of your guest list but in Maple Ridge the St. Andrew’s Heritage Church Hall run by the Maple Ridge Museum is extremely low cost for venue rental. 50 people at tables or 70 reception style.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely look into halls and community centres. My hall is only 850$!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats great thank you guys! I was thinking community centres but I wanted some opinions before I decided to rule out more traditional venues and focus on community.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most community centre will allow you to bring your own good and alcohol. You just have to make sure you have permits.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you would have to go with a community centre or something similar. Most of the traditional venues (hotels, golf courses etc) require you to use their services. But, community centres or even city owned facilities tend to not have a restaurant attached so allow you to bring in your own catering

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think community centres will be my best bet. The Bonson centre was our first choice it's gorgeous but unfortunately they don't do Sundays weddings. I hadn't considered Port Moody at all actually but that might be an idea, not too far. Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried the nearby city websites for local community centers? They dont usually require you to use a list of preferred vendors and you can typically bring your own booze with a liscence. I have never inquired on price but South Bonson community center (Pitt Meadows) looks really pretty! Dont know how far you want to go but the city of port moody also has some really pretty halls on the water (old orchard, old mill boathouse)- and a plus they are close to the micro breweries so your guests would have somewhere to go grab a beer during your photos or ceremony-reception switch

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics