Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Vendor tipping

Brittany, on March 23, 2018 at 11:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
What percent do you tip your restaurant vendor? We are having our dinner at a restaurant and renting the back room. They already include 15% gratuity with each meal. Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on March 23, 2018 at 18:46
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gratuity is already included so no need to tip. If it's a restaurant, the gratuity should be distributed amongst all the staff, but doesn't hurt to double check. With our venue, we were given the option to have a tip jar for the bartenders, but we didn't want our guests to have to pay at all. So, their tip will be coming out of the gratuity we pay with the venue fees, same as the other servers.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here is WeddingWire's tipping guide to help you out. I'd check what the gratuity covers, if it is only for chefs or if that will go to the servers as well or if you need to tip servers and bartenders separately.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kim on the tipping as well! If its already included then I wouldn't feel the need to.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also remember that if they own the company, say your photographer for example, a tip isn't necessary because they get the full amount paid to them.

• B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay thank you!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they already include a gratuity, I wouldn't feel the need to tip anything on top of that, but if you feel they did an exceptional job and want to add to the tip, I'd just bump it to 18 - 20% as that seems to be the norm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics