Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlin
Newbie June 2021 British Columbia

Vendor Communication Advice

Caitlin, on July 28, 2020 at 14:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hello everyone! We were emailing daily with a photographer until we signed the contract and now they haven't replied in 10 days. I understand it's wedding season but is this normal? I messaged them on Facebook just in case they missed the email and they said they'd sign their section and get it back to us but we still haven't received anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on July 28, 2020 at 18:15
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We ran into something similar with the florist we first considered. She was super helpful, but then radio silence. She didn’t answer us back for anything. When we eventually said we’d go with someone else, she seemed genuinely surprised. I think it just doesn’t occur to some folks
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven't placed a deposit yet but you'd think if the photographer thought we weren't a good match, they'd let us know so we could start our search for a different photographer
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10 days isn’t short but it’s not long in the grand scheme of things (especially with covid right now). I’d given them a bit before you give a nice firm follow up email. If you haven’t put down a deposit yet, I’d get concerned if they repeatedly miss or delay answering your emails.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I really hope they get back to us soon! I'm not sure when is an appropriate time to push for a response though.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately, it's not the first time. Earlier when we began communicating they had missed an email from us and apologized. I understand that can happen but to happen twice seemed a little weird to me. I definitely don't want to get on anyone's bad side!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This does seem longer of a time to get a signed contract back from a vendor. The deposit paid should be dated too and noted on the contract. Hopefully the vendor comes through with the signed line back to you soon enough. It would be concerning if they don't and not get in touch at some point.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If this is the first time they haven't responded right away I wouldn't be too concerned. There are so many reasons why they might be slow to respond. They could be on vacation, or as you noted be busy with work, they could have a family emergency, they might be sick, etc. If they don't respond in a few more days send them another gentle reminder. If it's an ongoing issue after a couple of weeks, then you might want to send a more firm email, but you obviously also don't want to get on their bad side since you'll have to work together in the future.

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics