Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Curious August 2019 Manitoba

Veil pairing tips?

Lauren, on December 2, 2018 at 18:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hi everyone!!

I’m beginning the search for my veil and need tips on how to properly pair my veil to my dress. Any and all tips welcome! I will include a close up photo of the detailing on my dress.

My dress has lace from head to toe, but is more of a “geometric?” Type of lace in comparison to the floral lace which we typically see. It has some bling, but not much. The train i’d Say is about chapel length.

I am quite short.. 5’2 and prefer to lean towards things that make me look longer rather then make my height more apparent.

thanks in advance!

Veil pairing tips? 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on December 6, 2018 at 23:32
  • Samantha
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just chose my veil today! I went with a cathedral veil with little bit of lace, to go with my fit and flare dress that is also covered in lace! Couldn’t be any happier!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a plain, raw edge, cathedral length veil. It's super long, which I think would help with the height thing, rather than something cutting you off mid-way. (Anything that creates lines across the body, breaking it up, can result in the appearance of being shorter, or emphasizing your height).

The lack of detail (lace, bedazzle or otherwise), eliminates any risk of clashing with the dress. It also allows your dress details to really be showcased, and not overpowered by the veil.

Also, I'm very excited for some of the more dramatic veil photos I will be able to get!

Veil pairing tips? 2

• Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Yes, I think this is the direction I’ll be going. And thanks to Stephanie i’be now found serveral options on jj’s house.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Stephanie on not doing a laced edge. I would a raw edge with some bling/sparkle on it.

if you have the longer train and if the dress is detailed. I would do a fingertip length

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really amazing!! I was shocked by how much I like the quality from them! This veil was $16!! I actually bought 3 at the same time because I couldnt decide which one I wanted (hard with just online photos too) but when i got them in person i was amazed and quickly chose this one to be my veil! Shipping was also pretty quick!! And the 2 veils I'm not using I'm going to sell them! I've been recommending JJs house to everyone asking about veils! It's just so worth it for the price!
  • Lauren
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a trumpet styled dress.
    absolutely LOVE that veil! Thank you for the info, how did you find the quality was as far as product, shipping, cost etc from jjshouse?
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What is the shape of the dress? A-Line? Mermaid?
    I chose a fingertip length as I got a mermaid dress with a very large bottom so I didnt want the veil to compete with that! For the applique on your dress I wouldnt recommend going with a lace edge veil but something much more simple with a bit of sparkle! The dress is already buy so you dont want the veil to be too much! Attached is a pic of mine from JJs House! I have a very detailed top like u too to I just wanted a very simple edging (but I really wanted a 2 tier veil!)

Veil pairing tips? 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics