Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2020 British Columbia

Veil or no veil?

Catherine, on March 21, 2020 at 15:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
I am completely undecided whether or not to wear a veil (either elbow or waist length) to walk down the aisle. How did you make your decision?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:22
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided against it. im getting my hair done i want people to see my hair. veils are a very dated tradition that i do not mind dropping.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No veil for me. I also realized how nontraditional I am through the wedding planning process.

• Megan
    Beginner September 2022 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on your dress and what you are doing with your hair. I am discussing it with my hairdresser to see what she thinks would look better. I want a couple of statement pins in my hair for example so we need to decide if it is "too much" in a sense. Location and time of year matters. I'm hoping to wear a veil though.

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on your dress to be honest and then from there its just personal opinion. We are having a super laid back, low key wedding and are getting married in the woods; a veil doesnt go with my dress or the location or the feel of our wedding and I would prefer to put flowers in my hair anyways Smiley smile.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not wearing a veil either. I've never pictured myself with one and am not keen on the tradition behind it. I'm wearing flowers in my hair.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not a veil person. Not something I've ever wanted. Was on the fence with the birdcage style but I doubt I'll do that. I'd try a couple on with your dress and see how you like it.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want one for photos, I'll probably wear it for the ceremony and take it off after.

My plan was to find one at a pop up sale but it was cancelled, so I'll buy one online. I'm keeping it simple and affordable so I can sell it after the wedding and so that if I decide not to wear it I won't have blown a lot of money for it.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since planning my wedding I've come to realize how non traditional I am😅 I never saw myself in a veil, just wasn't a look a cared for, and when I found out the reason for the veil tradition, it just seemed even less important to me. I also have a specific look I wanted for my hair, and I didn't want a veil covering it.
    The only thing I can think of that might make someone possibly regret not wearing one is when else will you ever have the opportunity to wear a veil again? So it's kind of one of those once in a lifetime things. But talking to women that have been married and had chosen to forgo the veil say that's not something they regret.
    My suggestion is if you're really on the fence then try your dress on with a couple different styles of veils and see what you think. You might just have that moment of clarity actually seeing it instead of trying to envision it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics