Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Veil Options - Advice Please!

Kelsie, on September 19, 2019 at 14:46 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

I'm in need of advice (and opinions) from my fellow WeddingWire brides and grooms.

I finally went in for my accessories appointment, which was a little awkward because I hate being the centre of attention so I tried my best to find something that I liked quickly.

I ended up with two options; one was simple, the other very dramatic. The problem is my mom liked the simple veil and my sister (who is usually very quiet) really liked the dramatic veil.

Veil A is the simple veil. It is also significantly cheaper as well. My mom really liked this one, I liked it as well - I think it shows my dress off nicely. I think I'm leaning towards this one.

Veil AVeil Options - Advice Please! 1

Veil B - is the dramatic veil, with much more lace - it covers my dress a bit more. Much more expensive but my sister really, really liked it. The sample is ivory but it would be made in white I believe.

Veil BVeil Options - Advice Please! 2

I think I'm only second guessing myself because it was the first thing my sister said she liked other than my dress.

What do you all think? Simple? or Dramatic?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on September 30, 2019 at 09:58
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Update!! I bought Veil A yesterday after visiting another bridal shop to look at options (that were awful, I might add). Thank you to everyone who commented - your opinions were so helpful!

I'm feeling a lot more confident in my choice and my sister actually loves the choice now as well.

Next step - jewelry!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do veil A. the second one mushs into the dress and its hard to tell where the veil starts and what is part of your dress. thats just my opinion tho!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol that's what the WW community is here for! Smiley heart

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. Definitely going to order the simple veil Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I’m going to go for the simple veil I think!! Im no good at this stuff 😂
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with veil A - the simple one. Mostly because your dress has a lot of detail already lol

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They both look beautiful!! I like the simple veil more Smiley love

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies! It’s good to have this community as a sounding board for thoughts and ideas Smiley smile I’m feeling a lot more confident in my choice now!!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others who vote for the simple veil. Pairing a lace veil with a lace dress can be hard as the lace can compete with one another. the simple veil lets your dress shine more on it's own and only adds to your dress

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to say I am on team simple veil. Like Meaghan said already, I think the dramatic veil competes with the dress, especially where specifically it hits against the lace of the dress

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the other ladies, the simple one looks beautiful! It matches your dress just enough but doesn't take away from it!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the simple one is lovely. And if that's your gut feeling go for it!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the simple one way more! IMO I think that a veil should be light and pretty but the more dramatic one looks like the lace trim is too "heavy" y'know?

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the simple veil. Your dress is so beautiful and I think the dramatic veil competes with it.

The simple one is just perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics