Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsey
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Veil in front of face?

Chelsey, on February 16, 2018 at 21:41 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hey Girlies.
I have been deciding what my hairstyle will be for the wedding. I know it's a little old fashioned but I was thinking of wearing a veil over my face while I walk down the isle. Then when I got to the front my dad would pull my veil over my head and I would proceed with ceremony.

Is this too old fashioned/does anyone do this anymore? Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 21, 2018 at 11:18
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t like the idea of a traditional veil but if you do then go for it!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to do it, I say go for it! My wedding was outdoor by the water, so it would have been way too windy for that! But it can look really pretty!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Veils are very traditional, in the sense they are either supposed to either: 1) represent virginity & purity, or 2) protect the bride from evil spirits... Not that you need to believe either of those things to wear a veil... haha. But just in case it helps to know the reasoning behind them...

I would consider weather (wind, etc), or if you want your FH to be able to see your face as you're walking down the aisle. Think about your photos, and what you want them to look like. If you're okay with your face covered, then go for it for sure! It's nice traditional moment for you and your dad before he gives you away!

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like old fashion so I love this idea. I have seen it done still so go with how you feel!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People still do this and if that's what you want then go for it! I was getting married in a windy area and already hate things in my face so there was no way I was going to have my veil in my face.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm choosing to just do a veil in the back, as I don't really like things in front of my face to begin with.

Totally your choice though. It's definitely still a thing though, especially if you go the more traditional route with your wedding.

• Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There’s nothing wrong with going with a traditional veil! Do what you want - it’s your day! I think it’s lovely!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love!!!! I don't think it's too old fashioned at all! If that's what you want to do you should do it!!! I thought about doing it too! But I'm getting married outside in May and I have visions of getting attacked by it if it's windy or something! Lol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't seen it done in awhile, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen anymore. If you like the idea, I say go for it! I think it'll be a little special moment between you and your dad right before the ceremony starts.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's too old fashioned. I've chosen against that because I don't think I'll be comfortable with it plus my fiance wants to see my full face as I walk towards him. But definitely not old fashioned! Love when brides do this still, so if you're comfortable and really want to then definitely go for it!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics