Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Varadero in March

Michelle, on May 19, 2019 at 23:55 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
We’re getting married in September and won’t be able to honeymoon until March. We’re thinking of going to Varadero Cuba. Pros and Cons of Varadero in March please.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 21, 2019 at 13:17
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cuba is my favourite!! I personally am a fan of Santa Maria, but Varadero is nice too.. just depends on what you like. Best beaches in the world...

March is a good time to go.. you should have great weather. I actually just got back from Santa Maria last week and it's nearing their summer and the heat was almost too much for me then, so March is probably perfect. I would also make sure to avoid spring break.. especially going to Varadero as that is a much busier part of the island.. it's like the Cancun of Cuba. Hopefully you've been to Cuba before? There are some things you should know if you haven't - I am basically a Cuba expert.. I go every year and will continue to do so for the rest of my life as long as I can travel.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd check the weather. I don't know about you, but I LOVE the heat and cannot stand it when I go on a vacation to a Caribbean destination and it's just warmish. Also, I agree with what Amie said about researching the hotels and upgrading. I've visited Cuba 4 times and I find that their version of a "5 Star" is significantly different than other places.

Best of luck!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so happy I seen this post. My fiancé and I recently took a two week holiday to Varadero. It was my first time visiting Cuba and I LOVED it.

The biggest thing I would say to you is MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH your hotel. Trip Advisor is awesome. We went on a day trip to Havana and heard horror stories from people about their hotels and resorts.

We stayed at Melia Las Americas and upgraded to the level - I would recommend this! You receive a bunch of added perks by being in their “level service”. I would absolutely return to this hotel - it was 5 star service - ALL of it.

the beaches in Varadero were amazing, the best I’ve ever visited - better than Mexico, Costa Rica. The one caution would be if you plan on getting pregnant- Cuba has had cases of the Zika virus. I don’t believe there have been any recently but it’s worth mentioning.

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will be busy because of March break but I’ve been to many, many beaches and varadero is by far my favourite
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The beaches in Cuba are arguably the best in the Caribbean (in my opinion). However, I got very very sick there from the food - so I’ve never gone back.

I would just do your research on the food and read reviews for the resorts you’re interested in and I think you’ll find something great.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    March is a good time to go. You are out of hurricane season which is a bonus.
    We went to Cayo Coco the end of Feb/beg of March last year and the weather was beautiful. We didn’t have one day of bad weather.
    Just make sure when you are booking that it isn’t during the March break for schools. Not everyone is going to be going to Cuba, but it could make things busier for you! also check into the American spring breaks to make sure none fall in March, especially near the end of the month

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics