Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

Vancouver Videography - On a Budget

Brittany, on July 6, 2018 at 14:39 Posted in British Columbia 0 8

Okay, so I've seen enough people now with the same dilemma as me, where I just don't know if I'm making a huge mistake not getting a videographer.

I already am spending 10% of our budget on a photographer... and I just don't think we have the budget for video...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Vancouver videographer on a budget?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Michael, on March 28, 2023 at 18:57
  • M
    British Columbia
    Michael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A helpful tip re videography. Generally you need to edit 2 cameras, 2 to 3 sound microphones plus music. It's quiet challenging to do this in less than 3 days including shooting and paying your camera operators. Be carefully not to sacrifice quality for budget. Smiley smile
  • K
    Newbie August 2023 British Columbia
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re thinking of doing this too. Brittany, could you share how it worked out for you with just the tripods? I worry about our speech-givers being so animated they step out of the frame, for example 😅 would love to hear whether you ultimately thought it was worth the savings!
  • P
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Peggy L ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a quote and it was $10k !!! So rediculois
  • P
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Peggy L ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can anyone recommend me? Thanks.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The camera I have is pretty good, and we're having an "unplugged ceremony", so I'm hoping that minimizes the amount of background noise, as people won't be fidgeting with their own devices.

We aren't doing personalized vows either, so it's not like we're missing recording poetry or anything Smiley laugh I think it will be adequate for us. It's a smaller wedding (100 people) in a smaller (long/narrow) room, so it shouldn't be too hard to capture quality audio.

• S
    Newbie November 2019 British Columbia
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you worried about the the sound quality of the vows? That's what I want to capture the most but my fh and I aren't prepared to spend a fortune on it.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've opted out of getting one now. The budget is more flushed out, and I have yet to find anyone decent under $2000. I'll be setting up a tripod camera in the ceremony, for the first dance, and the speeches. Maybe have a couple people film us doing stuff too. Honestly I don't need a high quality edited film reel, I just want to be able to re-live some of those key moments.

• S
    Newbie November 2019 British Columbia
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would like to know as well. They all seem very expensive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics