Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie May 2019 British Columbia

Vancouver Island Wedding Locations?

Nicole, on September 20, 2018 at 11:36 Posted in British Columbia 0 6

Hi all Smiley smile

Everyone here seems so helpful so hoping will be able to get some recommendations for our destination wedding to Vancouver Island in September 2019. We are looking to do an intimate wedding (15-20 people) around the Campbell River/Comox area. We are not from the island but got engaged while on vacation there so would love to head back to that area of the island for our wedding!

Does anyone have any ceremony or venue recommendations by the water for a small group? I would love the ceremony to be on a beach! A lot of the places seem to have minimums and/or requiring rentals of the entire resort/venue.

Thanks in advance!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ingrid, on April 25, 2019 at 21:37
  • I
    British Columbia
    Ingrid ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On Vancouver Island, the perfect place to get married is Sea Cider in Sidney. Absolutely gorgeous property, overlooks a fabulous view of the bay, is on an apple orchard, and is one of the most popular places to wed.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole!

I'm not from the island either so it's always interesting to see where folks choose.

My favourite beach/waterfront area to date are Willow Beach and Uplands Park/Cattle Point.

What venue did you end up selecting?

• Nicole
    Newbie May 2019 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for the everyone Smiley smile Tyanna thanks so much for asking, we actually did just book something! Dolphins Resort in Campbell River, I'm so excited! Comox was my 2nd choice as we got engaged there Smiley smile Filberg was so pretty but ended up going with Dolphins as they have waterfront accommodations with a beach area so everyone can just stay there with us for a couple days everything in one spot so like sorta a destination wedding weekend lol.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey nicole, did you end up booking something? If you haven't found a spot yet, definitely check out filberg park in comox. My dad and step mom got married there back in 2001 and it was gorgeous! We go every few years as a family now just to see it and make a day of it 😊
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding Wire has a great venue feature. Check out pop up weddings as well.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds so nice! I would love to have a ceremony by the water; maybe for a vow renewal that's what we will do!

I'm not sure if you have already tried searching here on wedding wire but here a couple links with those places in mind: Campbell River Venues and Comox Venue

Of course you could also narrow it down to another area by starting at with no filters other than British Columbia Venues

Hope you find what you are looking for!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics