Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2019 British Columbia

Budgeting decor and flowers (Vancouver Golf Club summer wedding)

Peggy L, on December 16, 2018 at 13:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2

Hello everyone, I would like your help/opinions. I only have gone to 3 or 4 weddings many years ago so I don't really know what wedding theme and wedding decoration I want. We will have a small wedding, under 100 people in August 2019, budget around 20-25k. I would like to hear how much should I budget on decorations and flowers. Is $2500 for decorations and flowers too low or reasonable? Could you please recommend vendors for decoration and flower? I know there is a vendor list but I would like your recommendation. thank you.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on December 24, 2018 at 10:03
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lucy! That sounds like a healthy budget for flowers. I know you mentioned knowing about the vendor listings we have on WeddingWire, but I wanted to make sure you know that you can request pricing right through WeddingWire, and you can see reviews from real couples who have used each vendor's services. That can really come in handy when making your choice.

You might like a couple of these articles -

8 Types of Wedding Decorations for Your Ceremony

7 Things You Should Totally Splurge on for Your Wedding Day

How to Divvy Up Your Wedding Budget

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't recommend any vendors your way. but I can tell you what I am paying for a decorator (may be more expensive in BC than here).

I was quoted for 200 people (that's our rough guest list number), 20 tablecloths and centerpieces (they are simple centerpieces, 3 tall vases with floating candles or fairy lights in them), chair covers, 3 tablecloths for entrance table/gift table, head tablecloth with votives/candles. and a headtable backdrop (30 feet by 25 feet with no draping, just hanging straight). and our decorator is 1800.

decorator quotes ranged from **** for all that. so really depends on the decorator and what linens/styles you want.

our flowers are costing about 500. but we are doing minimal. 3 bouts, 4 bridesmaid bouquets (posy, small ones), 4 mom corsages. bridal bouquet isn't in that cost as someone else is paying for it. (its about 120...small bouquet again...but will have imported flowers in it).

I would recommend calling some decorators, and florists. and getting cost ideas. that's what I did (because originally I thought 1500 was enough for decorators. and learned it wasn't). once you have some rough ideas on things...then you can adjust/decide if you want to DIY at all.

hope that helps! good luck and happy planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics