Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eileen
Newbie August 2019 Ontario

Use Portable Photo Printer instead of Photobooth?

Eileen, on June 24, 2018 at 19:02 Posted in DIY 0 13
Hello everyone,

We've been to alot of weddings with photobooth and really enjoyed them - but we want to do something a little different and more cost effective.

We already have an HP Sprocket (portable photo printer) and was just thinking of using that.

Has anyone else tried this? Was it successful?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Chantel, on May 23, 2019 at 23:28
  • Chantel
    Newbie August 2019 Connecticut
    Chantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello! I’m thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have any advice on using it? Any pictures of the set up?
  • A
    Newbie February 2020 California
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! I am definitely doing this for my wedding. We splurged for a photographer, videographer, and a 2nd photographer. This photo booth is more for fun and the fact that the sprocket just prints it right there and is already sticky for a photo book or something is such a cute and good idea. Everyone saying you need ink (you don’t) and everyone saying batteries (it doesn’t take batteries) make sure your sprocket is charged and you can use it while it’s also charging. My sprocket will get hot and take a break to cool down so that’s my only worry. I’m doing this for my wedding in 2020. We will have 60-70 people for our wedding so we actually bought 2 sprockets and I have an iPad mini that I’m going to set up before hand so it’s like a selfie station but using a central device is better so every guest doesn’t have to download the app, also you have all the pics on your camera for later on. I think it’s a great idea! I got all I needed for $250 compared to the $800-$1000 I would’ve spent for a photo booth in my city. I love the idea, go for it!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin got married 2 years befor i did and had someone set it up for them and had professionally done. It was a hit for sure.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately my wedding will be in October 2019 :/ I may try it at our wedding social though! It's not yet planned but it would be this winter or spring. I will be sure to update you if I do.

• Eileen
    Eileen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha Awesome! When is your big day? If its before Aug 2019, mind sharing the experience?
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We considered this idea too, but then there's ink, paper and batteries you need to worry about. We ended up deciding on doing more of a selfie station type thing, we'll have a geo-filter, backdrop, props and selfie stick - that way people can post on social media if they want or just keep it for fun. We're using a hashtag, so many we can offer to print some for our guests after the wedding.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s even better, pretty cool you can print directly from your cell phone. I think guest will like that. Does your venue have wifi? I think that would be the only concern for people so they can download the app. What kind of camera and app is it, I want one!
  • Eileen
    Eileen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was actually thinking of having them capture the moments on there cell and print from there. Downfall: users would have to download an app
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely stealing this idea!! I love this and even own a HP sprocket.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't tried this but sounds like a great idea, just make sure the camera's are fully charged and you have extra batteries.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Now there’s an interesting Idea..
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was at a wedding where they had a digital camera set up and printed the photos for a homemade photo booth and I personally wasn’t a fan. The batteries in both kept dying and the the quality of the pictures weren’t good.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something to have your guests experience the pictures preview and memories.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics