Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Unusual Wedding Guest Attire

Allison, on February 13, 2019 at 14:12 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16

Thought this was definitely a unique/non-traditional request one bride had for her guests, that doesn't go into bridezilla territory:

Wedding Guest Attire Request

She actually wanted all the women in her life to wear their wedding dress since most only wear it once in their lives. Definitely goes against the "Guests shouldn't wear white to a wedding" rule lol. I don't think I would ever do this with my guests but I love the sentiment behind it. Then again if someone invited me to a wedding and told me to wear my dress, I would definitely have mixed feelings about it!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 4, 2019 at 09:09
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This idea is nice and questioning of whom is getting married in the first place. The invitation may as well say Wedding Renewal for guests attending. Mixed feelings is the right thought that was brought up thinking as of the singles or engaged couple seeing what's happening with a confused look.

I will say interesting concept for sure and wouldn't follow this trend of request.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's such a cute idea with the nursing home!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is hillarious. I would never do it - but I also kind of love it.. those pictures will be amazing.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This seems more like performance art than a wedding but to each their own!

I recently read this article about a senior's residence having a wedding dress code on valentine's day where the elderly women donned vintage dresses. Super cute!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So bizarre! I would love an excuse to wear my dress again (going through withdrawals after only 26 days, haha)... but it would be so weird. To each their own.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol especially if there were some hideous dresses she had to wear! I do feel it would feel weird to wear a wedding dress to someone else's wedding!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would totally work, almost looks like a wedding dress tbh!

Mine is purple too (all over) but my boobs no longer fit lol so would have to alter it.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That isn't for me but same time if invited to the wedding I think it would be fun to wear again if still fitted lol If thats her wishes why not!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeahhh deff not for me! I'm one of those do not wear white to a wedding so going in an ACTUAL wedding dress seems the most taboo? Hahah!!
    There was that movie... 32 dresses or something? And the bride made all her bridesmaids wear the bridesmaid dresses they all made her wear! Now that was a neat idea haha!!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is so weird! It’s definitely nice but a strange request.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neat - The bride took into account that she was wearing white, so she'd still stand out. I think it's lovely!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

True! I guess I would have worn my grad dress - it's partially white anyway!

Grad 2015Unusual Wedding Guest Attire 1

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If I wasn't getting married and in this situation, I would probably wear a bridesmaid's dress that I have or alter my prom dress so I could wear it and not have my girls popping out! Borrowing a dress might be an option too

If none of the above were an option, I would wear the nicest dress I own

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean... wow... that sounds amazing! The only downside is what if a) you don't fit it or b) haven't been married?? that would kind of suck if majority of people wore theirs and you were there without one Smiley atonished

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See I can get behind a dress code like that, it’s not requiring anyone to go out and spend a fortune for an outfit!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a great story! Good for them, for coming up with that amazing theme!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics