Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Unplugged Ceremony

Ashleigh, on November 3, 2017 at 11:49 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 19
How many of you are requesting no photos during your ceremony? I was searching for a delicate way to ask guests to please be present during our ceremony. I found this sign and I think it fits into our decor perfectly. The last two weddings we attended, when the bride entered, I made sure I was present. When I looked around nearly EVERYONE had their faces behind their phones, taking pictures. I was devastated. I really don't want that at my wedding. I want to see my guests as I walk down the aisle annnnnd, we have a professional photographer for a reason Smiley winking

Unplugged Ceremony 1

Unplugged Ceremony 2

Unplugged Ceremony 3

19 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 23, 2018 at 14:32
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that sign! we are wanting the same thing at our wedding as well.

• Donna
    Curious April 2018 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A coworker of mine had an unplugged ceremony a couple of years ago. At first I was a little disappointed, but I realized during the ceremony that it truly made sense. I paid more attention to detail rather than making sure I got a good picture.

We have decided to that we would also like to make this request during our ceremony. I made my own sign to have displayed. We will also ask our officiant to make an announcement.

Unplugged Wedding SignUnplugged Ceremony 4

• Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was planning on it. But when I told my sister, who got married last week, she said that she's loved seeing it all from the guest's perspective. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do though.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am super worried about that too! Plus the church we are getting married in doesn't have the best lighting because of stain glass so our photographer suggested that we ask the priest make an announcement. We are putting out a sign as well! The grandparents may want to still take pictures but we are going to ask that the flash be turned off 😊
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I keep tossing this idea around in my head too. I want people to be present but I think the majority of our guests are older so we won't have to worry about people hiding behind their phones as much. I would also ask your photographer what they would like for your ceremony. I know some of them request that nobody else can take photos during that time as well. I actually think it states that somewhere in my contract with mine...maybe I should go find it and read it over lol

• Frances
    Beginner February 2022 Ontario
    Frances ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is very hard to prevent completely; but, you could put a small side note on the bottom of the invitation with asterisk that politely states you would appreciate if your guests do not take photos/videos during your ceremony.

• Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely doing this. We're having a photographer and a videographer so I want to make sure the photos and video aren't ruined. In the process of searching for signage
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing unplugged. I made this sign:

Unplugged Ceremony 5
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are asking our officiant to mention this as well. My photographer will be setting up a video camera for the ceremony and is totally with us on the no phones idea as well and is quite verbal and will approach ppl to let them know politely.I don't expect any issues really.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning on having our officiant announce it along with a "please put your phones on silent" message. Im actually having 2 photographers for my ceremony, so I really hope everyone can stow the phones/cameras...
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She snuck in there!! I try to cool my anger but I'm so mad at his family cuz I'm sure some of my guests snapped a few photos but his family went above and beyond lol. I get so mad but I don't wanna make my husband feel too bad about it it's really not his fault but sometimes I wanna throw in his face HIS family messed it up hahahaha he understands me tho
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree!!! I hope people will respect our wishes.
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea. I'm hoping this sign and the officiant mentioning it will curb anyone's desire to sneak a photo.
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG. Noooooo lady, just no. Did she sneak in there to get the pictures or was that her seat? I'm sorry this happened in your pictures Smiley sad
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing unplugged specifically for this reason. I don't want cell phones out during my ceremony. That's what the photographer is for.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whatever sign your sign says make sure you have one lol I didn't think I'd care about an unplugged wedding but it's probably my biggest regret now. I'm so mad at my husbands family lol look at these photos. I paid a lot of money for my photographer n some really great shots are basically ruined. I'm so mad at Michael's aunt and uncle lol. I asked my photographer if she could photoshop them and she said it's too hard for her but she knows someone who can do it for 40 dollars a photo. A photo.
    Sorry for my rant, make sure your weddings unplugged cuz not only will it be less sentimental but it might kill some of your photographers shots.

Unplugged Ceremony 6

Unplugged Ceremony 7

Unplugged Ceremony 8
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girlfriend had an unplugged ceremony and just stated on the invitation something like "This will be an unplugged ceremony so please leave all cell phones and cameras aside". No one seemed to mind (I certainly didn't) and we were still all able to take pictures after and during the reception.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We added this in our email request: “We will have a professional photographer at the ceremony to capture EVERY single moment, so don't worry there will be LOTS of pictures. We want you to enjoy and be in the moment during the entire ceremony, as well as having pictures of you, not your cameras/phones/tablets. ”
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did an unplugged ceremony. We sent an email to all our guests politely requesting they put away their cameras/phones/tablets until after the ceremony. It went really well and our photographer was impressed that no one took pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics