Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Unique guest book

Stephanie, on June 8, 2019 at 08:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 32

Hi All,

Looking for inspiration for our "guest book". What are you doing or seen that is unique and original?

Thanks Smiley smile

32 Comments

Latest activity by Monique, on August 27, 2019 at 04:52
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to paint a tree on a canvas and have guests put their thumbs in paint and put them on the tree like leaves and sign the canvas. It'll be a nice piece we can hang up in our home
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im getting one nice picture of us done on canvas and having people sign it and placing it on our wall at home!

• Samm
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Samm ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have purchased a MR and MRS metal cut out its black, we will have our guests sign the sign
  • Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a globe and having our guests put Smiley heart on..

We haven't decided if it's where they are from, where we met or each where individual's favourite place is yet.. but something along those lines.. We are very big on travel and wanted something we could display in our home long after the wedding.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a guest book puzzle. We got it from Walmart for $20 and it’s just a plain white heart. People loved it! I’ve also seen someone who did clothespins and then they hung them all on a string and put the guests photos with their clothespins, I wish I had a picture!

Unique guest book 1
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing almost a photo album for people to sign. It’ll be a photo album of our photos over the time we’ve been together and people will flip through and sign wherever they want.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thinking of doing this too! Smiley smile

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont feel in today's day and age its overly unique but we are doing a photo album with an instax photobooth so people can take photos and then write on them and leave them
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing advice/wishes cards so everyone has enough space to write. I found if everyone signs on one sheet it gets too crowded to write a message

• Deziray
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Deziray ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting a staff paper (blank sheet music) notebook and making a cover. Both my Fiance and I are musicians, I thought it would be a cute touch that no one would notice.
  • Océane
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Océane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a quilt. My mother-in-law is a great seamstress so she Will be creating a quilt. It Will be like a tree and the Guests Will be signing the leaves.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did this too! It turned out great! Smiley smile
  • Sandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Sandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

We will be doing a polaroid guest book and it will say: Snap it, shake it, stick it! And then they'll be able to sign beside their names Smiley smile

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are bringing the pieces to our homemade yard Jenga and having the guests each sign a piece. We'll seal them when we return home so the writing doesn't fade.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a guestbook though it was smaller than usual and just enough to put in the keepsake box.

The unique and original idea of the pen with our names and date is what was created to use based on the design.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had extra pine in the garage, I created a template and my mom was able to cut and sand out the letter "H" for my future last name (: I don't have a picture but here are some references. We painted it black with chalk paint (again something extra we had already) and I bought the silver sharpie markers because they dry fairly quick and don't fade into the paint. After everyone signs it, we will seal it with a clear coat of spray at home to preserve it.

H ShapeUnique guest book 2

Guestbook ConceptUnique guest book 3

• Sheena
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have an antique table that my FH has refinished the top. We use it on our patio or when we host large dinners. I'll be wood burning a logo and the date. The guest will sign it in pencil before we seal it.

• K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oohhhh, I really love this idea!! We were debating on not having a “guest book” but something like this sounds really lovely (and WAY more my style!) 👏🌙🌒
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A board with hooks on it and we're hanging keys with tags on them and asking people to sign those and write down the "keys to success" for us.
  • Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a paint night for my girls night out (renewing my vows so not a bachlorette) and the painting will be my guest book.
  • Stephanie
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This might not be unique, but we have a family friend making us a big ‘M’ for our last name. It will be painted black and guests can sign their names in gold or silver permanent marker. We will hang in our house after!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got an all white heart shaped puzzle from Walmart and got people to sign that as our guest book. We are going to frame it and put it on the wall with a bunch of pictures around it! Everyone loved it Smiley smile
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to DIY a wood sign with our last name and wedding date on it. Then have guests sign it. This way we can seal it after the wedding to make sure nothing comes off and have it hung in our house!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have this large wooden board with our names and date on it. All out guests signed it with silver sharpies and eventually we will mount it to the wall. We figured we wanted something that we can look at and admire onstet of putting away and never looking at again.

Unique guest book 4
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're asking guests to write on old school library cards and to find their personalized library pocket in The Adventure Book (from the movie UP) and place their message there. Our theme is literary and a kind librarian gave the cards and pockets to us for free!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a puzzle in the shape of a heart that each guest will sign a piece of and then we’ll glue it and display it.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a polaroid guestbook, where our guests will take a photo of themselves and then sign it.

Unique guest book 5

• Jordanna
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Jordanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to do a canvas from a photo of us and everyone will sign around us and we will be able to display it afterwards. I ordered the canvas from Walmart.

Unique guest book 6
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to paint a tree and have people put their thumbs in paint as leaves
  • C
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a night sky map of our wedding day and having people sign it

Unique guest book 7
  • Lail Ruttan
    Newbie October 2019 Alberta
    Lail Ruttan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont know how unique it is but we decided to go with a big map of middle earth. We are going to ask people to sign there name in white paint pen so it's easy to see. After the wedding is over we plan on having it framed.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure how unique it is anymore, but we went with the signed hearts dropped in a frame thing. After the wedding we glued the hearts so they were spaced out floating over the whole backdrop and all visible, with the central (larger) heart bearing our initials and wedding date in the middle of them all. It's now art hanging on our wall instead of just a book we'll never take off the shelf Smiley smile

Unique guest book 8

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics