Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Uneven bridesmaids vs groomsmen

Chelsea, on October 19, 2016 at 11:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Is anyone else having a different amount of girls vs guys?? I have 4 girls standing beside me and my fiance only has 2 guys beside him. He was very specific on only wanting his brother and uncle beside him. However what will be photos be like, will they look funny?

Uneven bridesmaids vs groomsmen - 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on July 28, 2017 at 12:13
  • J
    Newbie September 2018 Manitoba
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually think I like the idea of not having a "wedding party" per se. I don't have many close friends, whereas my fiancé has many friends he considers to be groomsmen-worthy. I am afraid that if I were to have three of my closest friends up there with me, but my fiancé has more than three groomsmen, then it may be awkward especially because my other two good friends will be a guest and not part of the wedding party. They might wonder well why the hell am I not up there? I hate all these labels. I don't want to create awkwardness between friends, nor do I want it being so apparent that I don't have nearly as much friends as my fiancé does haha! I really don't know what we're going to do.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no clue yet for the guys yet! Probably a tie though! Bow ties aren't really their thing!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks amazing Chelsea!! Smiley heart What will you do for the groomsmen? Smiley smile

Will they be wearing a tie or bow tie in the same colours as the bridesmaids?

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dress my friend is wearing, but in the purple colour of the other dress and the flower bouquet is ivory roses with ivory ribbon (the photo is blush gold).. it also won't be that large!

Uneven bridesmaids vs groomsmen - 1

Uneven bridesmaids vs groomsmen - 2

Uneven bridesmaids vs groomsmen - 3
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Chelsea Smiley heart Welcome to the community!!

I'm so glad you got helpful comments for everyone in here!! I also agree with Melissa, Valerie, Simone and Nelly said. The most important is to have the people who matter the most by your side, no matter the number. Smiley winking

And I think the photographer will definitely be able to work out something nice for the pictures!! I definitely won't look odd!

How are your bridesmaids going to dress?

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone!! this makes me feel better and more confident in our choice Smiley smile
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It won't be weird, it's not a problem. Your pictures will be around forever and you want the people in your bridal party to be meaningful, and your photographer wil know how to pose your bridal party

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it will look funny but very interesting. I think that you can pull it off especially in picture based on how everyone is positioned. Go for it!Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They absolutely won't look funny!! Uneven wedding parties are pretty common now-a-days! You can easily have each groomsman walk down the aisle with 2 bridesmaids. I would personally just avoid posed photos that would make it look VERY lopsided, photos like (I can’t find an actual example at work) BM BM BM BM Bride&Groom GM GM (like lining them up on either side of you).

But no, when you look back at your pictures you won’t think… “oh it’s so weird that I had more BM than he had GM”, you’ll just remember the people you cared for most being up there with you Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you have the right idea- choose the group that will be most meaningful for you, no more, no less.

Nevermind what other people are doing! I'm not having any wedding party at all! I thought it would be a complete non- issue, but I've still managed to offend people Smiley atonished Just do what makes your wedding right for you

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay great thank you so much! I try not to think about it but anyone I know has always had an even amount and walking down the aisle in couples and such. I have 2 sisters and then 2 best friends on my side and he his his only brother and his uncle. We chose who our closest family/friends are to be up there with us and we didn't want to just put in 2 people on his side just so it is even
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it will be weird- I mean of course you will notice in pictures that there are more women than men, but I don't see it as a problem. Just changes how some photo poses might look.

I see no issue at all! and it sounds like your FH has a pretty clear mindset, which matters a lot!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics