Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

Typical Budget for Flowers/decor?

Emily, on September 9, 2019 at 15:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting married in June 2020 in Vancouver, and have all the major things booked (venue, photographer/videographer, caterer, Bartender, DJ, and officiant). So the next 2 major things I need to book are flowers and decor.

I'm trying to come up with a budget for these 2 things as I know it can be easy to get carried away--was wondering if any of you could share what you budgeted for these things for your wedding? I need to have someone set up everything and also take down at the end of the night. I don't have any super specific requirements, I basically just want it to look beautiful, special and a bit magical Smiley smile I was thinking about $6000 CAD for the 2--does that sound reasonable? Not enough? Too much?

Thanks in advance everyone! Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on September 25, 2019 at 14:51
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily, I think that you have a healthy budget for your flowers and décor. I feel that since you don't have any specific requirements you are able to really shop around and get the most for you dollar!

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you thought about looking into a wedding planner for the set up and take down? They can also help with getting decor and the flowers and because they have connections they get better pricing. I hired a wedding planner specifically for these reasons, and budgeted $3000. So we don’t have her full services as I have done most of it myself however I knew that I didn’t want the stress of sourcing decor and flowers and setting up or taking down.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spent $3000 on our decor in toronto and we got a ton of stuff including a massive backdrop, hanging chandeliers, cake table decor, welcome table, decor, candles etc. if you can afford 6k thats great but im sure you can find something well below that.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You being happy with the price for what your getting is the most important thing to know. Its what you know has to be done unless other florists give you a better quote to book them saving the cost.

An alternative is to inquire about artificial flowers prices compared to real. The savings work for you and in your budget, go for it.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know right! I was super shocked! And her stuff is so good!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our décor and flowers came to approximately $6200. This included 16 centerpieces, my bridal bouquet, MOH bouquet, 5 boutonnieres, flower girl hoop, ceremony flowers, aisle runner, and our head table backdrop (including more flowers). This also includes our miscellaneous décor items like our seating chart (it was acrylic, huge, and I love(d) it so much), card box, and table numbers.

Considering we spent so much, it wasn't that much décor tbh. Flowers were important to us, so a huge chunk of the money spent on flowers/décor went towards them.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that is literally a steal!!!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’ll be 250-300. We have our flower and decor set for 250 right now.
  • Emily
    Newbie May 2021 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok this is good to know, thanks! My wedding will be around 100ish people, how big is yours?

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really didn't budget for flowers, because I was very unsure what the prices were. I was expecting over $1000 for what I wanted, and once everything was done I paid a little over $800.

This included my bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 2 corsages, 7 boutonnieres, 1 flower ball, all the vases for bouquet transfers and delivery.

I looking at a couple flower shops, and ended up finding one who was just starting, so I got a wicked deal!

If you are including centerpieces, and any ceremony floral decor, it may be a little more than that!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't budget really because I have no idea what the cost would be. It depends really on what you're getting.

I think my flowers are just under $4,000 - I have my bouquet, MOH bouquet, 25 table centrepieces, corsages for MOB, MOG, two grandmothers and my FSIL. Then boutonnieres for Groom, BM, FOB, FOG and three sets of grandfathers. I also have all florals covered for my head table. This price includes specialty vases ans candles for the table centrepieces as well.

My decor, I believe is $4,000. It includes my head table decor ( two dimensional backdrop, chandeliers, candles, table cloth), 25 sets of table linens, 250 charger plates, 250 napkins. There might be something else but I don't have my invoice in front of me!

It really depends on what you want. If we didn't have a backdrop our decor pricing would probably be cut more than 50%. We're also having a bigger wedding - if we had a smaller wedding, obviously, it wouldn't be as expensive.

Are you having a larger or smaller wedding?

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only did real flowers for out boutonnieres, brides bouquet, bridesmaids and flower girl flowers. For 5 bouquets and 6 boutonnieres and flower petals it was under $500 for me. But I would say that $6000 would easily get you some beautiful florals and decor. We did all our decor ourselves so I don't think it even cost me over $1000 including centerpieces, lights ect. So mine was about $1500 for both.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics