Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristen
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Two Wedding Ceremonies Christian/Sikh Wedding but have no idea how to start planning?

Kristen, on June 3, 2019 at 13:53 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

So yes, you got it we will be having two wedding ceremonies. My FH is Sikh/Punjab and I am Anglican Christian so I want the whole white dress thing too. I just don't know where to start to plan it all? Would love future brides advice. I kind of want a wedding planner who has done two weddings though lol. So information regarding our wedding we will be doing it on September 4th and 5th of 2020. The Gurdwara we are interested in is in Scarborough but that would be for the Friday and then the Saturday before the Reception party we want to have the Anglican Christian but I don't know if we should have it also in Scarborough or have it in Brampton closer to the reception? If you have any questions for being able to help me that would be fine. I'm just really in the unknown about how to plan it and all that.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 18, 2022 at 08:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Based on the whole family or separate by household, the amounts will vary. The only time the gifts are given is the reception. 2 weddings can be the couple's choice based in their cultures.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Beautiful lol we actually postpone once again since I’ve had this site but it’s happening October 8th & 9th this year so in like 50 days I’ll let you know once it happens haha are you having two ceremonies??
  • S
    Ontario
    Sue ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wondering how much your guests gave you as a gift if they attended both ceremonies. Was it double the amount of the guests who attended one ceremony?
  • Priya
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Priya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I private msged you!

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Natasha thank you so much for writing to me! I just want to say Congratulations first! Lol
    Yea it has been stressful especially now with this stupid virus 🙄lol so we were going to get married this year October but we now switched it to next October which is a lot better Because I don’t want anyone not to come because of something like that right also we still have lots to book my fiancé doesn’t seem to think so but we kind of do. So far we have the temple booked for our Sikh ceremony in Scarborough then we have our venue booked for the reception party & Thursday we actually went to look at our venue for the Christian wedding that after I get emails back we’ll have that booked too! So now I have all the other stuff to worry about when we both don’t have much money yet lol it’s stressing!
    My fiancé is Punjab too that’s amazing! So I have a few questions lol how many guests will you be having at both weddings?? Your doing a 2 day event right!? That’s what we’re doing so the Sikh/Punjab ceremony will be at the temple on Friday October 8th/2021 then the Christian/traditional wedding ceremony will be on the Saturday October 9th at Parkwood Estate in Oshawa then after the reception party that night at the Grand Galaxy Convention centre in Brampton. So we’re just deciding on who all to invite I know family comes first but how many ppl are you guys inviting?? & so far is COVID messing up with that for you guys?? How are you guys doing photography/videography?? Is that an important thing for you guys?? It is for us?? Also we both love movies so we’re doing a movie theme at the reception party 🎉! I’ll probably have more questions again soon hope that’s ok & we keep in touch if you want & emailing is easier here’s my email ***********@*****.***. Thank you so much💜Take care & be heathy & safe!!!
  • Priya
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Priya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kristen!
    I'm having 2 weddings as well! I'm Punjabi and Hindu and my fiancé's family is British and Christian. We are doing the whole Indian wedding as well as the vow ceremony and white dress. If you have any questions you can always ask me. It was difficult in the beginning as both our families did not originally envision their kids marrying people from different backgrounds/religions so there were A LOT of conversations to be had. In the end what made it easier was talking to each family directly and having an understanding of what aspect of the wedding process was Important to them. We decided to do the full indian wedding first as it is a week long lol and then end with a western ceremony and reception. In terms of location we honestly just booked what venues we liked and what can accommodate our cultural aspects. Your guests will drive across the city for you, with no problem. If they want to be there they will. I always think it is better to have the ceremoney closer the reception hall if it is immediately followed after and take into consideration it takes time to take wedding photos. Youndont want your guests waiting too long unless you're having the ceremoney in the morning and reception at night the same day.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Https://www.indianweddingsite.com/wedding-ideas/iws-blog/2010/07/21/gujarati-indian-wedding-ceremony

This site does give you a better understanding of what to know for Gujrati wedding and what functions/events would be done and what they mean. Hope this helps.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kristen! Congratulations on your engagement!!

I think, with regards to the location of your second ceremony, you should think about how your guests will travel there and back to their accommodation. This will probably help dictate where would be best to have your second ceremony.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Based on your guest list, there are is a lot to consider. Things to look into would be for how many events and venues.

Hotel Block: couple names on Accommodations with prices to let guests book on their time.

Transportation: Buses to and from venues with timings.

Décor: Look into Indian companies that will do all your set up and break down with your style and choices of furniture.

Venues: One city with multi venues to be close by to cut down on traffic. 2 cities make it harder based on traffic (Brampton known for it and the highway too) times during the evening and accidents.

Photographer/Videographer: 2 will be needed and for the events held at the venues/prayers held at homes or hotel.

DJ: Main functions of Mendhi/Sangeet and Reception.

Clothing: Scarborough has a store that has all your dress and sari for the wedding day along with accessories needed at Asiyans. Jagjit textiles and fabrics store in Brampton if your looking in that area.

Pandit: Indian priest that will perform the Indian prayers at home/hotel and wedding ceremony.

These are many things to think about and really consider if you going to go 2 cities distance wise or 1 city with multi venues as mentioned. Hope this helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics