Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Two pseudo honeymoons?

Peggy, on August 7, 2018 at 10:34 Posted in Honeymoon 0 11

So my fiancé and I are doing something a bit different, and I'm not sure what to call it! Our plan was always to have our honeymoon about 1 year after our wedding (going to Disney World, Universal Studios and a cruise). We're still doing this, and calling it our Honeymoon - we're going to be letting the Disney hotel and cruise ship know about it.

But now we're having a pseudo honeymoon right after our wedding, too - Originally we wanted a destination wedding, but then realized most of our friends and some of our family couldn't afford to join us, so we changed to have a tropical themed wedding at home. So we organized a group trip we're calling the 'After party' with some friends who could afford to join us - we're going to Mexico for two weeks (to the resort where we first started dating), and our friends are joining us for the first week, leaving it just the two of us the second week.

Is it ridiculous/greedy/gauche for us to tell the resort it's our honeymoon, as well?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sharlene, on November 1, 2018 at 12:31
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning to take two honeymoons as well mostly because of the fact that it will be winter time in our chosen place to honeymoon after we marry (Australia and New Zealand), but we know that we want a break after the big day, so we will likely go to Europe for a few weeks after the wedding. Why not have two honeymoons if you can. No shame in that!!! Happy travels to you.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl you only get married ONCE! Tell the resort it is your honeymoon and reep all the rewards you can get. I will be telling the world it’s my honeymoon wherever I go in the year I get married lol
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If both trips are your honeymoon, then let everyone know it! I think it's great how you're getting a double honeymoon Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why not? I don't think it's ridiculous and you can receive some goodies lol. We went on a cruise when we got engaged and told them and we got a bottle of wine sent up to our room. We ended up sharing with our friends we were travelling with at dinner.

You only go on a honeymoon twice!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear you - I don't expect anything! At Disney, I could see a signed Mickey/Minnie picture but that's it. At the resort in Mexico, we're already members of their privilege club so have things upgraded already as part of that - they'll probably do rose petals on our dinner table or bed one night, but that's about it.

Mostly, I just never thought I'd get to have a honeymoon (I met my fiancé when I was 35 and had settled for being a spinster, lol!) so all I want to be able to mention it when making reservations, as often as possible!

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s not ridiculous. But don’t get your hopes up of receiving much. You may get a card at Disney and maybe a free photo or bottle of wine at the cruise.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well, I'm glad to hear people don't think I'm being greedy! I don't expect any freebies or upgrades; if it happens, awesome, if not, that's okay too.

This 'mini moon' is new to me - I'm so old school (and never thought I'd get married - didn't meet fiancé until I was 35!), I never kept up on wedding stuff!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nah!!! Play it up!!! Do you know how much free stuff I've gotten from restaurants when I was newly engaged! You're paying them a good chunk of money you deserve a little extra treatment!
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A popular name is minimoon. Where you just get away for a small trip after your wedding. Then you have the bigger honeymoon trip later. Also doing one of those. It's common because of saving money and working around work schedules for time off.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're not telling the same resort/hotel/cruise/etc it's your honeymoon twice... so it's not like you're ripping them off.

I say go for it. If the two vacations were back to back, you'd be telling everyone it's your honeymoon, so if you're considering both trips honeymoons (mini-moon/honeymoon?) I say go for it.

It's not like a hotel/resort is gonna comp you tons of stuff, so a few little nice extras here and there isn't so bad. Plus at a Mexican resort, it's gonna come up you just got married, so even if you don't tell them... I'm sure they'll figure it out. Haha.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it's perfectly fine! Plus you may get upgrades... but to be fair I maybe just wouldn't refer to your Disney World vacay as a honeymoon and more like a vacation to celebrate your anniversary. With that being said - I also wouldn't go to them and tell them that it will no longer be considered your honeymoon. They don't need to know about your not so mini - mini moon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics