Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tavia
Newbie October 2018 Ontario

Two Ceremonies?

Tavia, on September 20, 2017 at 12:02 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6

My fiancee and I have recently booked our wedding venue for a small intimate group of 85 people. Our guest list is entirely family with just a few very close friends. We met at work and would like to be able to include everyone we work with but cannot manage that cost. Originally we were thinking of having a night out with everyone from work to celebrate but now we are tossing the idea around of getting married in my church to include everyone we cannot invite to the small venue. Following the church service we would go to the venue and have a second small ceremony with just the intimate gathering and then the reception would follow.

The nice part about the church is my grandmother would be able to attend since it would be accessible for her (she is in a wheelchair) and it is in a central location for all the other friends to witness the wedding.

My fiancee feels that a second ceremony would lessen the magic of the day but I feel that it would enhance it. Has anyone out there done two ceremonies in one day?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on September 21, 2017 at 17:07
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Putting the 2 ceremonies on two separate weekends would be even better. Brides need time to recuperate!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this and love the idea to add some other traditions into the day!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to agree with your fiance on this one. This will also take up a lot of time on your wedding day. You'll be rushing around, hair and make-up could be damaged from hugging guests, running around, emotions. You'll be exhausted and your second service may suffer because of this. One of my girlfriends had her bachelorette party with men and women invited as we have a 50/50 group. It was the most fun I've ever had at a bachelorette party. My fiance and I are doing this next year as well (well, a white water rafting trip with everyone). Perhaps you can celebrate with your work friends some other way, but ultimately it's up to you as a couple.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I must agree with Erin. Two ceremonies on the same day is pushing it. You'll be exhausted. I'm not sure if I'd want to repeat my vows twice in the same day so I do agree with your finance on that matter. There are many other ceremonies that you could partake in without the vows again. There is the unity candle ceremony, the sand ceremony, the jumping over a broom ceremony, and so many others. Just google wedding ceremonies. Would you consider doing something like that for your friends and coworkers? I would keep the vows for the intimate ceremony with your grandmother present.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What you could do is throw a Jack&Jill type party, you don't have to incorporate the fundraising part of it if you don't want to but it could be a good chance to get everyone together!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think two ceremonies in one day might be a little much. You guys are going to have to get a very early start if you want to have 2 ceremonies, a reception, face time with your guests, and photos. Don't forget travel time too. It is nice that you want to include everyone in your special day but it might be worth thinking about doing it on 2 different days.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics