Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

True or False - Wedding planning is going the way I expected it would

Joey, on April 22, 2019 at 08:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28

Expectation vs reality - the wedding planning edition. When you got engaged did you have a vision for how wedding planning would be? What parts have surprised you? What people have surprised you? What big shocks have you had along the way? Or, are things going pretty much how you envisioned they would?

Wedding planning is going the way I expected it would: true or false?

True or False - Wedding planning is going the way I expected it would 1

Photo via @weddingwirecanada

>>Click here to go to the next question, I find wedding planning fun

>>Click here to start at the beginning of our True or False game

28 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 11, 2019 at 16:14
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False (so far) - I expected it to be way more stressful. I have a year till we get married and it feels like all the big things are planned and now I have a year to focus on smaller details

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True wedding planning has been easy and stress free

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. There are so many small little details I never thought about. I also didn't think going into it how expensive certain things would be so I have had to go from buying to making some aspects of the day so this has thrown a wrench in some of my expectations lol

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I’m a teacher and need to be organized. It’s a DIY wedding so I have planned a lot and have everything ready for my family to set up on the day of. Planning has been a lot of fun. I’m going to miss it. And this app has been incredibly helpful!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To be honest, nothing is going the way I planned it, mostly because I never thought I'd ever be planning a wedding of this size. And then there was a further surprise when I realized I have actually done almost everything myself. My mom works full time but has provided invaluable emotional support and my FH has kept me (mostly) sane, but other I've basically been on my own in terms of the actual legwork.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, so far so good, but I am still over a year away so I can really take my time and try to stay ahead of the stressful parts.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True and false. True because I love organizing but false because I didn’t realize so many people had opinions about things

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. Some days it's better and some days it's worse. I didn't think I'd be so independent with planning, but here we are and I've planned it mostly myself.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. So far I am finding it a lot less work than I thought.. I feel like nearly everything is done until I get the rsvp's back.. been low to no stress.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True more or less. Time will tell though.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True so far! Although the amount of time I’ve had has helped a lot
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. It has been surprisingly easy and makes me feel constantly like I'm forgetting something or something is going to go very wrong ol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I was able to take breaks along the way, which was nice.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, I expected most of the bumps that have come up so it has gone pretty much the way I expected.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. When we started planning we lived in Ontario but my fiance got a job opportunity 6 months later and we ended up moving to BC a couple months after that. So that put a pause in planning for a bit as well as made it more difficult. And although we had been trying when I got pregnant and have our son that definitely has made things more difficult. So definitely harder than I had expected.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False! i thought i was going to really enjoy wedding planning, but i really hate it ahahhahaha it’s like an extra job i don’t get paid for that sucks up all my money! i know it’ll be worth it in the end, but there are definitely days i daydream about eloping! the marriage is my main priority anyway
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. it is going mostly how I thought it would. Things are a lot more expensive then I thought they would be though, but I half expected that. Planning was pretty easy, our wedding party is pretty easy, guests are pretty easy.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. I’m glad we are giving ourselves lots of time.. but I know that will go by fast.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False.
    I didn't realize some guests would become such a pain in the butt.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t think family would be such a huge pain.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. Some people have been a headache.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. A small wedding was the vision and the amount of guests and preparations with the costs making it easy to keep at ease.

Every step and decision has been made without thinking twice. No voices as anyone else isn't putting a dime into the expenses. I always said to the MOHs who asked about things or vendors, they could help pay for them if they wanted to. It gets them to shut up easily. Parents did help with the easy stuff as for the wedding outfit when they travelled to India.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False.

Hasn't been at all what I thought. Can't wait for it to be over or to give up.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False- I thought it would be easier than it is lmao and vendors wouldn't be as hard as they have been.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False, maybe I'm naive, but I was sure that with the amount of time that we have to plan that it would be easier than it is. I think the biggest stress and surprise for me is how hard it can be to get vendors to respond to you.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s more mundane than I thought it would be. I have little patience and so for me the process is a bit boring and I just want the day to get here 😂
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep! Have been a lot of great moments and some super stressful moments but I expected it haha!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park after all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics