Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

True or False - Members of my wedding party are being helpful and supportive

Joey, on April 22, 2019 at 08:53 Posted in Before the wedding 0 32

Offering helpful suggestions, getting their measurements taken on time so you can order their outfit, devoting a day to help you DIY, sending you words of enthusiastic support... these are just some of the ways a great wedding party member can help make your wedding planning process go smoothly.

Members of my wedding party are being helpful and supportive: true or false?

True or False - Members of my wedding party are being helpful and supportive 1

Photo by Rachael Minto Weddings in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, My partner and I are getting help paying for the wedding

>>Click here to start at the beginning of our True or False game

32 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 11, 2019 at 15:15
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TRUE! Everyone my FH and I have chosen to stand with us on our wedding day are all so supportive and a lot of them have already gone above and beyond for us and we are still a year away!

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True everyone has been supportive

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far (minus one awkward situation), so good!

There hasn't been much yet, but one BM seems to be excited about our invite stuffing-pizza party plan. I think it's more the pizza and potential party-style video games after the invite stuffing though...lol

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True! I really lucked out with my wedding party it seems, cause even the least helpful person has been helpful at some point.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. My mom has helped the most. My one bridesmaid has done a lot more than my MOH. It’s tough because half my wedding party lives far away.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False - my MOH has been more headache than help (she actually decided last minute to go to Lebanon for 5 weeks, returning 3 weeks before the wedding, which has been kind of annoying as well), and my FH's best man works so much that he barely has time to sleep, let alone do wedding stuff.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TRUE!

We had one girl back out a couple weeks ago, which was kind of expected. Aside from that, all my girls have been so amazing and supportive in every way Smiley heart

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. The little wedding party I have is very helpful Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. Everyone is excited and supportive and helping where they can.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far so true! Have the best ladies on my side. I have no doubt they will be great support as the wedding planning unfolds.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! We had only a MOH and a BM, and it worked out beautifully.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False my MOH has been the one helping me. My other bridesmaid has caused so many issues.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. Aside from my sister (MOH) no one else has asked if they could help, or offered any help. I asked them a day to go out and get dresses and got an answer from all of them. But no one asked anything past that
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True so far. I haven't asked much of them so far. We're going to start looking for their dresses in the summer though so that will be the test.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither... we dont have wedding party.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a meeting with everyone and talked about what was expected of them. We had a fairly casual wedding so there wasn’t a lot for them but they helped when needed.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is trying. But, she just isn’t getting the vibe/feel. I appreciate her efforts though.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part, true! I have to initiate the wedding talk but they've been helpful and supportive when I need them.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far so good! we’re still 13.5 months away from the wedding, so there hasnt been much for me to rely on them for so far! time will tell!
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t have a wedding party. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Somedays I think that’s better though. Less input, less people to try to change my mind..
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. We hace had a rough go with our wedding party. My original MOH is not even invited to the wedding anymore. One groomsmen let his gf dictate so he's no longer a groomsmen and probably not even going to be at the wedding. For the most part I'd say everything with the rest has been great. My sister, MOH and other bridesmaids have been amazing but the groomsmen literally just got their suits and that's all they have done and they all did it like the day before the deadline.. but apart from the former moh and former groomsmen all has been pretty good.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say True...though we haven't really asked much of them. One bridesmaid offered herself up if there was anything I wanted her to do (but there wasn't anything). They threw me a great bridal shower.

Groomsmen all have their suits, and they will help brig the décor to the venue day of.

Whole wedding party is showing up for the rehearsal and dinner tomorrow.

As long as everyone shows up on the day of at the right time...I am good with that haha

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. Our wedding party were there for the dance practises and rehearsal run through the day before the wedding. Even just putting a Buck & Buck together for us (MOHs and the salon gang).

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, same as you!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not applicable!
    No wedding party, no problem!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't say T or F because I have no wedding party and it's amazing!

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. As the only people in it are myself, my fiance and my 5 year old daughter. Kinda all falls on me.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False- some feel they are being very helpful and not doing much besides talking but no action, others are plan not doing anything or showing up to anything, others are helpful but no one is legit actually offered to help with single thing

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest - they aren’t that involved.

with respect to their outfits, they are really easy to work with and they agree with our vision so in terms of that, yeah they’ve been easy.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. I know my girls have been great for offering me support when I'm feeling crazy from wedding planning. Now we really haven't asked much of anything of them yet in terms of doing tasks or anything so we'll see how things go when we get closer to things like the Jack & Jill when we for sure will need their help.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very! To be honest I haven't needed them for too much yet except getting their outfits and the Bridal shower but they have all been amazing! Same with the guys, they have made themselves available when needed and threw my groom a great bachelor party the other weekend!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Again, half and half! My side is being awesome (other than me and my FH having to foot the bill for one BM's dress until she can come up with the money), but he has one GM that is a lazy bum and I don't care for him at all. He didn't help set up for our social, and then he left early. Plus he hasn't gone to get his suit either...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics