Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

True or False - I've had a clear vision for our wedding right from the start, and I've stuck to it

Joey, on April 22, 2019 at 08:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 35

Some of us know right from the start what colors, theme, and style we want for our wedding, while others of us will change our minds again and again and again. Have you had a plan all along?

I've had a clear vision for our wedding right from the start, and I've stuck to it: true or false?

True or False - I've had a clear vision for our wedding right from the start, and I've stuck to it 1

Photo by Jacob Connell Photography in Halifax

>>Click here to go to the next question, Finding my vendors was easy

>>Click here to start at the beginning of our True or False game

35 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 11, 2019 at 15:12
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False - I thought I did but i have been changing my mind on a lot of things i thought i wanted before i was engaged. It's all working out though!

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True we wanted a pink, white and silver themed wedding, and a very romantic vibe. That's what we're doing

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Half-True, maybe?

The concept at it's core - a love in the stars theme with a lot of subtle Dr. Who references - is still the main idea. We've evolved or incorporated other big ideas of our initial vision, enough I feel I cannot say 100% true.

Fully false with my dress!

Original vision: Cute and Quirky - tea length with coloured petticoat and strapless sweetheart and a coloured veil matching the petticoat.

Actual look: Greek Goddess - very flowy, v-neck sheath dress with a Grecian feel...and a draped chiffon cape instead of a veil.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The overall big picture hasn't changed, ie style but i never thought i would use different shades of pink as my main colours, still shocks me lol. I think some of my smaller details have changed and are still evolving.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False, our vision has changed so much. I knew what I always wanted prior to booking our venue but even once I saw this venue I knew I wanted something different then before.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! We picked our colours purple and gold in the beginning and have stuck to it. It’s simple and elegant just like we wanted
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kinda true - once my intimate city-hall idea was scrapped, we immediately settled on our current theme and colour scheme.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. I didn't know what our wedding was going to be like, and the budget really played a role in how things were going to be.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True for the most part. We wanted simple.. we've kept it pretty simple

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True true! Still have awhile to go but I don't see it straying to far.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! The day turned out just as I/(we?) had planned!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I haven’t changed anything I new what I wanted
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I’ve had the same colour pallet and theme since the beginning. I’ve only added to my vision!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. I've changed my mind about small things, but the general vision has stayed the same.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. I've changed my mind a million times since we first got engaged. The only thing that hasnt changed is budget.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I can be very decisive and I was for the wedding! Made decisions quickly and didn’t waiver
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False! I am always changing my mind hahah, even on my dress!

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol...no. It started as an Anne of Green Gables vibe - vintage, Edwardian... It’s now a whimsical, ethereal, fairy in the mountains vibe. But still in an 1800s venue. In the end, I wanted the princess twirly dress...which I wasn’t expecting. So the vibe ended up changing. But I am way more excited now than I was before!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, I had colours and a overall theme picked out and have stuck with it! (teal and purple, peacock theme).

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! I have a vision and I’m strictly sticking to it! Haha
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! all the big stuff i knew even before we got engaged! of course there have been little tweaks, but nothing big has changed!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. It has actually changed as we went with it. It was going to be this cute rustic country wedding and it technically still will be but I've decided to go with a more elegant/modern take on all the decoration. So it's still in the rustic Barn but now the theme is more "elegant barn" lol it's hard to put it into words..
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. I THOUGHT I had a clear vision of what I wanted...the wedding we are planning is not like that at all haha but I am so in love with the wedding we have planned, and it is SO us, that I wouldn't want it any other way.

Originally I wanted a rustic barn-type wedding. We are getting married in an old loft-style venue in the heart of Toronto.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. This isn’t my strong suit and I’m not the type that has dreamed about my wedding for a long time lol
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False.
    We thought we were going to get married in the mountains, near Canmore, in an intimate wedding. We're getting married in Gatineau park near Chelsea, Qc. with most of our families. As the feel of the day, that changed quite a bit too, as we were planning. Once we got our venue though, I just picked a style to stick with.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. The simple vision of modern black/white and vibrant colours of water beads in a vase and white floral top. Waterfront venue that had activities on land and on water for everyone to enjoy.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True! I've had this vision in my head and once I set my mind to it, it's happening.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say this is true overall.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True for the most part. We're getting married in a park instead of a barn but other than that we've stuck to our vision
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False.

My vision was no wedding at all. Then an elopement when it became clear that my fiance wanted a ceremony. Now it's an actual wedding. 🤦‍♀️
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False- I did have a vision and did stick to it mostly- But my taste has changed over the time so has changed in ways.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False.

i sort of knew, or had some ideas but some things have definitely changed. Sometimes it’s due to compromising with my FH (ie having some kids at the wedding which I didn’t want, or having some people on the guest list I don’t want).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics