Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

True or False - Finding my vendors was easy

Joey, on April 22, 2019 at 08:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 32

Was finding and booking your vendors a quick and easy process? Or did you struggle to find some, or all, of them? Which were easy and which were a real challenge to book?

Finding my vendors was easy: true or false?

True or False - Finding my vendors was easy 1

Photo by Aperture Lane in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, Members of my wedding party are being helpful and supportive

>>Click here to start at the beginning of our True or False game

32 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 11, 2019 at 15:14
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True & False - some vendors were super easy (venue, photographer, florist) while some were a little more difficult (decor, makeup, dj)

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True Vendors were easy to find

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

98% true.

We started 18-24 months in advance, so a lot of our first picks weren't booked already. Venue tours were time consuming but not hard.

The 2% is trying to find a mobile hairstylist. So far, False! Not easy!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. Thankfully most of the ones we contacted and then eventually booked were easy to find, easy to get in contact with and all work really well with us.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, so far so good!!

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. The only thing we struggled was finding an officiant
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. It was a massive task, and I'm soooooo glad that part of the planning stage is behind me.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. I'm a sucker for details and researched the hell out of vendors before I decided on one.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True.. had only one issue, other than that... was pretty east.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far true! Still have a couple to go but already have our options lined up.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! It was very easy to choose and book vendors. We lucked out in this area!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True I new who I wanted to use from day one which made it easy.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I haven’t had too much of a hard time. My venue offered a preferred list so it was easy to choose our favourites with a little discount. The hardest so far is cake. I’ve sent emails to several people and have gotten one reply that they were already booked. So hardcore searching happening this week
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. We haven't had many issues at all with finding available vendors since we started looking almost 2 years early and we've booked more than one who was the first or only one we met with. We're still a year and a half away and all we have left to book are my hair stylist and an officiant, who we're meeting with in a couple weeks and will likely book.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! Luckily all our vendors were our first choice.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! The venue was the third we looked at and we booked the first photographers we met with.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True! Given that we started looking early, we had our pick of our top picks for vendors.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True so far! thank goodness
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! Even with being a same sex couple, we’ve found wonderful vendors so far!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True!
    Venue was I think the first one I saw online, I had found a photographer I liked months before we got engaged (not on purpose lol), DJ came recommended by the venue, same with florist and decoration, officiant was #1 recommended in my area and catering is my bridesmaids dad, all other vendors and everything also just came together really easily.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True! I knew which photographer I wanted before I even met my FH haha the venue was a bit more difficult but I think it took us a total of 5 days of internet research to narrow down 3 we loved. We went to see our top pick first, loved it, and paid the deposit that day.

I knew the bridesmaids dresses I wanted for the girls already (you can style it yourself 15 different ways) so that was easy.

Florist was easy....did internet research, went to meet with them, paid the deposit that day. Same with the bakery. Band was easy.

I think the officiant was the hardest...but that only took us about 2 weeks to find.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True! So easy for me!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True.
    Google is a wonderful thing! Even planning from a long distance, I was able to find our vendors pretty easily.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. I had searched the internet and kijiji site to find vendors at a reasonable price and to fit my budget without going over. Rentals was the same as it took some time even to make calls to find out their packages/deals.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. All of my vendors were very easy to find and book. The only thing I had a struggle with was hair/makeup. I wanted to have one person doing my hair and makeup (cheaper for me). I am getting married on the Sunshine Coast and there are literally about 4 people there who do it. I was not interested in any of them. So I had to hunt someone down from Vancouver who was willing to travel on the ferry to my venue.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. My brothers best friends have a wedding photography business and are actually a couple of my mentors for my photography, so I knew I would have them take photos.
    Then my mom is making our cupcakes/cake and her boyfriend is making the food. So, so far it's been easy finding vendors.
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False.

There's just not much in the way of options around me.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False! It had to do with budget in some ways and others just personality clicking for others.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Finding reputable vendors I find hard! But once I have a few and consult with them my choice is easy.

so a bit or true/false here for me.

venue was easiest so far. Hardest so far I think was cake.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part true. So far most of our vendors are very close to where we live so we didn't have to venture far. The vendors we've chosen respond quickly....but most of the vendors that we inquired about honestly never got back to us at all.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty easy! With all the resources online finding people to reach out to was easy! At times I would send the exact same email to several vendors and see what response times and details were and narrowed things down from there pretty quick!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say yes, it would have been easier if they were on Wedding Wire of course... but I can't control that. The wonderful wedding show really helps though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics