Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanny
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Travelling during Covid19

Vanny, on April 1, 2020 at 12:11 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

Hey guys. I hate talking about this but what are your thoughts on travelling for the rest of the year? Personally I don't think anyone should commit to flying out or even having road trips for the rest of the year. This truly affects honeymoons Smiley cry

Hope you're all staying safe and sane

XOXO

19 Comments

Latest activity by Hits, on October 24, 2022 at 07:22
  • H
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Hits ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

During COVID-19, I visited Costa Rica. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. I have stayed at the Los Altos Resort for two weeks. Costa Rica is known for its incredible national parks, where tourists enjoy thrilling activities like river rafting, canyoning, cave tubing, and zip lining. It's also one of the best places for animal lovers to discover interesting wildlife like macaws, sea turtles, and adorable sloths. It is the best place for tourists that enjoy visiting places with beautiful nature.

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Greece is STUNNING!!! We'd love to go there as well

• Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original plan was to honeymoon in Quebec City and Jacques Cartier National Park. Not sure if this will still be an option at the end of July. If we can't, we'll do a mini road trip somewhere in Ontario. Maybe go up to Bruce Peninsula. Just waiting to see what they say about travelling anywhere in province over the summer. If not, we'll wait I suppose!

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm worried that even by next summer things won't allow for worldwide travel. We wanted to go to Greece but who knows if we'll be able to travel to Europe.

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man EVERYONE is gonna be going on vacay after this lol
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got back from aruba in march before this all started so ive been calling that my honeymoon hahaha hopefully when this is done we can all travel

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwwwwww ❤️ thank you!!!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this attitude, keep looking on the bright side, Vanny! I hope you'll get to have a wonderful and safe honeymoon soon

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was telling my fiancé this! We can save more and go somewhere nicer and for longer!!!!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen a few articles presuming that once we're allowed out of social distance/isolation we will have other outbreaks that might force us back in.

If we are allowed to travel out of province I think a mini moon would be a nice idea, maybe Quebec City or Banff. And then we can save up and go on a more extravagant trip for our first anniversary!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s so hard! We booked our honeymoon last August so it’s all done and paid for so we hope it goes forward!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is August.29 and September.1st I will be taking a ferry to the island for our honeymoon.We will continue to take precautions but this is our big event and we will not be cancelling any of it.
  • Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I was watching a video where they were basically saying that summer heat / months will SLOW things down but not STOP it

• Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow St. Lucia! We were planning to have our honeymoon in the Bahamas but we are not going to buy tickets as of yet. We're going to see how things unfold

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re still planning on going to St Lucia in July as long as we’re allowed to fly.

If COVID is still aggressive during that time I’m sure we’ll postpone.
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately the virus still lives in hot climates, which is proven since it is in the hot climates as we speak

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping that once the warm/hot weather gets here cases will go down. Hopefully by the time it gets cold again there will be some kind of treatment or vaccine.
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're crossing our fingers we can rebook our honeymoon right before Christmas. But we're waiting to see how this plays out the next couple of months before booking. Also I'm waiting for my travel credit with west jet so I can pay for it.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had booked a pretty large portion of our honeymoon in mid October well before this all went down. As of right now, we are keeping those plans in place, I don't see the need to cancel it that far out when we have no idea what this will look like. And the tourism industry in all areas is being hit hard and will need our $$ to support it. So if we can go ahead, we will go ahead!

I can understand the stress of planning anything new right now though.

I truly hope this all settles out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics