Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madison
Newbie August 2018 British Columbia

Transportation Ideas (to get guests home safely)

Madison, on June 19, 2018 at 08:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

Our event is licensed. We’re looking into hiring a shuttle to run twice from the event. Once at 10 pm and once more at midnight. Any other ideas?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on June 20, 2018 at 10:02
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a school bus to shuttle for us. They are picking guests up from the hotel at a certain time before the wedding. Then later on we have three shuttle times going back to the hotel - 11:30, 12:30, and 1:30!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If possible, find some local can companies and have the phone numbers handy for guests who may need them. You can even call the companies ahead of time to warn them about tour event and that they may need more drivers that night to accommodate! They'll really appreciate the tip!
    If you have a few friends or family members you know won't be drinking you could ask if they won't mind a few extra trips if it's not very far!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Accommodation for guests is a good thought considering you are getting bus for 2 trips and that way no one is drinking and driving.

My cousin had arranged busses througout the events for 3 days worth. It was expesive i have to say. The wedding day was 2 busses for us all to go and from the venue to hotel.
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If possible do you have a relative that can either rent a bus or knows a friend who can? I have a small wedding but my uncle offered to chauffer people home in a one of those cars with a lot of seats. Just so people stay safe after the drinking at the wedding.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Question for those saying they rented a school bus: Is the bus dropping each guest at their home or to a hotel where they are staying?
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's definitely great to provide your guests with some options! Honestly, we aren't... I figure everyone is from all over (the wedding is smack in the middle of the Lower Mainland, and we have people coming from every direction)... as well as everyone's adults, and can adjust for cabs/hotels, or carpooling, or having a DD...

Most of our young guests have already talked about getting a hotel nearby for the night anyways.

If our budget permits, that time of year has no minimum time for limo/bus rentals, so maybe we will do an end of night, one way trip down the mountain to the "city", and then it's at least cheaper to cab from there...

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a school bus company to run 3 shuttles at the end of the night. I found the school bus company rates were a lot cheaper.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the same! You can also look in to hiring dry grad parent vvolunteers, as most schools have then! They work by donation and drive you home in their car or drive your car home for you and another volunteer picks them up! We went with the shuttle only because most of our guests are staying on location and we won't need multiple rides Smiley smile
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a nice idea. Its very thoughtful. One thing to keep in mind while looking for transportation for guests is how many trips it will make.

Guests aren't all going to leave your even at the same time, so in order to make it worth your money, and worth the guests actually using it, you might want to offer a couple different departure times.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say rent a school bus to save you money. They are wonderful and it's a little nostalgic for some guests as well. Super affordable

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We rented a bus from a local company for our wedding and it worked out really well. You could also offer to have a pick so that people don't end up driving to the event and having to make their way back the next day to pick up their vehicles.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics