Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious July 2021 New Brunswick

Transportation

Jennifer, on May 30, 2020 at 09:24 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 22

So, as I know this may be a last minute thing to think about, it is something I am curious about as well in advance!

What all are you guys rolling up in for your big day!? I actually have no idea what we are planning, really would rather no added cost for a little drive..... At the same time, I want it to be special announcement in a way for him to know I am finally there!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on June 2, 2020 at 08:30
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where we are getting married, there is no uber unfortunately. We did look into a limo, which wants a min of 2 hours per rental, we are getting ready 5 minutes from our ceremony site. So that idea is not that ideal.

We will be looking into more ideas

Thanks!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, that gray slushy stuff would not be good!

The opposite city we are getting married in, is a 5 hour drive from home. But at the same time it feels like home when we go, so there is that I suppose.

Was looking at renting a limo, we will be looking into more options.

Thanks!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were gonna do uber cuz our church and venue are right beside each other and all the limo places i contacted had a minimum for a wedding and there was just no way i would pay that much to drive 5 mins down the road when i could literally walk

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here's hoping some a tad bit of white snow. None of that gray slushy stuff lol.

If you're getting married in a different city than the one you live in, then you should probably rent transportation (assuming you're getting ready at home and then coming home after the wedding). In the Greater Toronto area, a 6-8 person car for 4 hours or so is roughly $800. They also tend to charge more for white cars versus black. I've seen people try to save by getting a smaller car and having their bridal party come on their own, but depending on how poofy your dress is, it may not work out. I definitely recommend visiting the car lot and seeing the car in person before you finalize as a lot of dealers say "this car can fit 10" and it's more like 10 children and your 8 adults are barely squeezing in lol.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Winter wedding, I am sure that is going to be stunning for photos!

When it comes to budget we have not really thought of that amount as of yet, we are going to do a bit more research on what is available in the city we are getting married in, in which is different from the one we live in...

Thanks!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As we're having a winter wedding, we deliberately planned to not require transportation back and forth between too many places because we have no idea what the weather could potentially be like. Bride's party is getting ready at the venue while I will be taking a few of my groomsmen up in an SUV. When they leave, their spouses will take them home. Our photos are all on the venue's grounds.

If you're on a budget but want the ride your arrive in to stand out for photos, you can always deck out the car with ribbons and flowers. A lot of cultures use that as a wedding custom.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As long as your ok with things, that's all that matters! I feel the same way, as long as close family are there, it'll be a great day no mater what Smiley shame

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am actually okay, with the little amount of people, as long as his close family along with mine are there!

Thanks! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel for you and all of the other brides that have had to downsize.

We originally from the start had only one person on each side standing up for us.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We definitely hope he will be there next year! It would be a big blessing!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have downsized our wedding already from 120 to 30, but I still have my MOH, my daughters and a good friend standing up for me.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a great idea!

99 years old! So happy for you to be able to have him there!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am going to be the traditionalist with this one, him and I will part our ways earlier in the day prior to the wedding.

The location we are getting married is in a wooded area, an amphitheater.

I know I am not going to want to drive! Haha, not sure how any bride honestly would be able to.

Thank you for your feedback! Much appreciated.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I only have my MOH standing up for me, so it's just the two of us!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a limo - more to be able to transport all the parents and bridal party to the photo location so we’re all together.

It honestly wasn’t as expensive as I thought and they’re doing multiple drop offs and my 99 year old grandpa will not be able to last the whole night!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue we stayed with our family and friends needed no transportation. We were all together and making time together to spend over campfire after a Welcome Dinner the evening before the wedding day.

The decision of going transportation is up to you if your budget fits the cost. The car you two have is enough to get to the reception from the ceremony site. A wedding party/family member can also drive you two if decided not to drive at all.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome how handy things are for your future groom! The rest of your bridal party, are they all going together?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a great idea!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting a limo to pick me and my MOH up. For my fiance, we're getting married at a winery and the winery has an estate house on the property and that's where they're getting ready the morning of, so he's literally just walking lol

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Limo bus. I wanted something big and comfortable given my dress lol
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad to hear that everything for your special day is handy for you!

My FH did mention that he knows a couple of people, that may be able to get there hands on a classic car! As for the other bridal party, more than likely in the same situation as yourself, with own transportation. Just as long as everyone is on time! ha-ha!

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you’re totally smart to think about this now! It never hurts to turn your mind to the details early on. And transportation is a pretty important part of the day, logistically speaking!

So my situation is a little different. I’m spending the night prior at the venue and getting ready on site the morning of. FH will get ready at our place which is only minutes away on foot. So basically everything is very walkable. Depending on where we have our first look / take photos, we made need some transportation. I’d also like to avoid shelling out money on that as none of the photo locations I’m looking at are more than a 5 minute drive. It seems futile to hire someone to take us such a short distance. His family has a pretty slick classic car so I thought he and I could take that, and then ordinary vehicles for the remainder of the bridal party. Do you have a friend or family member with a cool car you could borrow?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics