Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Transportation

Kelly, on 3/June/2019 at 11:26 Posted in Before the wedding

This is the one thing that I find absolutely mind boggling! I don't have a clue what we're doing for transportation to and from the wedding venue! I got a quote back from a limo company and they quoted me $300 for a 15 minute trip from the place we're getting ready to the venue.

Is that the price I should be expecting? That seems insane to me.

What is everybody doing for transportation? I'm at a complete loss here.

Share:

29 Comments

• Sam
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Sam ·
    View quoted message

Maybe, cant hurt to contact them anyway. Thanks

• Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Erin Mills Limo in Mississauga - it’s a little far from you I think!
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    View quoted message

Okay thats good to know. Would you mind sharing the company you're using?

• Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Don’t think it’s by mileage. You pay by hour. I think the minimum is 4 or 5 hours, I can’t remember.
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    View quoted message

This sounds like a decent price.. do they have a specified maximum mileage they will travel, ie. multiple trips? Our venue is about 30 mins from where most of us live/ 15-20 mins to closest hotel, Im just worried about people drinking and driving home or not drinking because they have to drive and lots of people leaving early...

• Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·

My dad is planning on renting a larger vehicle (an SUV) and driving us. I couldn't fathom paying the expensive price of a limo for a 10 minute trip!

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    We're located centrally and are considering the environment when it comes to travel! We are encouraging guests to take transit or walk from their hotels to our venue since it's close to downtown Toronto (and their hotels are less than 5mins away). We are also reaching out to Uber/Lyft to ask if they can offer coupon codes for our guests since so many are coming from out of town.

Asking guests to take transit in their fancy dress is a little out of the norm but with an open bar, we really do not want guests driving after the wedding.

As for us, my dad is decorating his car and hes so excited to drive us to the venue ❤
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    We went big and fancy because why not! We got two 10 person white limos (1 for groom and groomsmen to church and one for me and bridesmaid to church) and then we got a limo bus to travel people from church to park for photos and then from park to venue! Overall was about $1000.00 well worth it! Made everything so much easier! We got some great photos and the kids LOVED being in the limos so that's always fun to see!

Transportation 1
  • Helen
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Helen ·
    For a 15 min ride, i would just order a nice fancy uber.
    I am too debating if i should use a transportation company. But prices are ridiculous.
    So we are leaning towards a fancy uber or rent our own cars.
    1. Uber because it would only be a 15-20 min ride from church to venue.
    2. If we rent a car, then we get the car the whole day. However you'll probably need to have someone set as a DD.
  • Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    Where I'm getting married the limo options are very limited and therefore very, very expensive. We are also having our ceremony in more or less the middle of nowhere cottage country, but the reception is in the city, so for us a limo just wasn't an economical option, especially with a wedding party of 16. Instead we are borrowing a sports car/convertible from one of my FH's family's dealership and the rest of the wedding party will carpool.
  • Kat D
    Curious April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    Depends on if you want everyone to travel together & how big your wedding party is. You could rent a van or large vehicle and have someone is your party drive, of have them take their own vehicles and get a ride with your parents.

We’re most likely going to be staying in a hotel nearby the night before, I’m going to walk (it’s literally across the street)
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    View quoted message
    That is such a great deal for a very good amount of time! Do you mind sharing which company you used? Thank you!- Claire
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    View quoted message

Yeah, I'll ask around. Our venue is an hour out of Winnipeg, so I was trying to find companies that were local to that area, which there aren't many. I figure any company from Winnipeg will charge for the travel out there as well, so it might end up being more expensive.

This might be one of those things where we just say its not worth it, and get one of the bridal party to drive us. OH WELL!

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    View quoted message

My bad and that does sound too high for just the amount of time needed.

Being tricky to not seeing its a wedding venue I will agree with you and they won't know that until they get you.

Still feel that other quotes are good to get and see if they will be better than the one you got the first time around.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    View quoted message

I never mentioned that it was specifically for a wedding, I just said "we need to transport this many people from here to here at this time, and this many people at this time.

Unfortunately the place we're getting married operates solely as a wedding venue, so that's difficult to be sneaky about.

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·

Limo charges will always be higher than what your thinking of the cost when it comes to wedding. The company is looking at their cost and time to what you are wanting to do. The price seems right, go for it. The cost seems expensive have a wedding party member drive the car they have.

Inquire with other companies and compare pricing without the word wedding. Say party or anniversary and see what they say.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles