Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Transportation

Kelly, on June 3, 2019 at 11:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 29

This is the one thing that I find absolutely mind boggling! I don't have a clue what we're doing for transportation to and from the wedding venue! I got a quote back from a limo company and they quoted me $300 for a 15 minute trip from the place we're getting ready to the venue.

Is that the price I should be expecting? That seems insane to me.

What is everybody doing for transportation? I'm at a complete loss here.

29 Comments

Latest activity by Sam, on July 25, 2019 at 22:10
  • Sam
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe, cant hurt to contact them anyway. Thanks Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Erin Mills Limo in Mississauga - it’s a little far from you I think!
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay thats good to know. Would you mind sharing the company you're using?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Don’t think it’s by mileage. You pay by hour. I think the minimum is 4 or 5 hours, I can’t remember.
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds like a decent price.. do they have a specified maximum mileage they will travel, ie. multiple trips? Our venue is about 30 mins from where most of us live/ 15-20 mins to closest hotel, Im just worried about people drinking and driving home or not drinking because they have to drive and lots of people leaving early...

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad is planning on renting a larger vehicle (an SUV) and driving us. I couldn't fathom paying the expensive price of a limo for a 10 minute trip!

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're located centrally and are considering the environment when it comes to travel! We are encouraging guests to take transit or walk from their hotels to our venue since it's close to downtown Toronto (and their hotels are less than 5mins away). We are also reaching out to Uber/Lyft to ask if they can offer coupon codes for our guests since so many are coming from out of town.

Asking guests to take transit in their fancy dress is a little out of the norm but with an open bar, we really do not want guests driving after the wedding.

As for us, my dad is decorating his car and hes so excited to drive us to the venue ❤
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went big and fancy because why not! We got two 10 person white limos (1 for groom and groomsmen to church and one for me and bridesmaid to church) and then we got a limo bus to travel people from church to park for photos and then from park to venue! Overall was about $1000.00 well worth it! Made everything so much easier! We got some great photos and the kids LOVED being in the limos so that's always fun to see!

Transportation 1
  • Helen
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For a 15 min ride, i would just order a nice fancy uber.
    I am too debating if i should use a transportation company. But prices are ridiculous.
    So we are leaning towards a fancy uber or rent our own cars.
    1. Uber because it would only be a 15-20 min ride from church to venue.
    2. If we rent a car, then we get the car the whole day. However you'll probably need to have someone set as a DD.
  • Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where I'm getting married the limo options are very limited and therefore very, very expensive. We are also having our ceremony in more or less the middle of nowhere cottage country, but the reception is in the city, so for us a limo just wasn't an economical option, especially with a wedding party of 16. Instead we are borrowing a sports car/convertible from one of my FH's family's dealership and the rest of the wedding party will carpool.
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on if you want everyone to travel together & how big your wedding party is. You could rent a van or large vehicle and have someone is your party drive, of have them take their own vehicles and get a ride with your parents.

We’re most likely going to be staying in a hotel nearby the night before, I’m going to walk (it’s literally across the street)
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is such a great deal for a very good amount of time! Do you mind sharing which company you used? Thank you!- Claire
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I'll ask around. Our venue is an hour out of Winnipeg, so I was trying to find companies that were local to that area, which there aren't many. I figure any company from Winnipeg will charge for the travel out there as well, so it might end up being more expensive.

This might be one of those things where we just say its not worth it, and get one of the bridal party to drive us. OH WELL!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My bad and that does sound too high for just the amount of time needed.

Being tricky to not seeing its a wedding venue I will agree with you and they won't know that until they get you.

Still feel that other quotes are good to get and see if they will be better than the one you got the first time around.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never mentioned that it was specifically for a wedding, I just said "we need to transport this many people from here to here at this time, and this many people at this time.

Unfortunately the place we're getting married operates solely as a wedding venue, so that's difficult to be sneaky about.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Limo charges will always be higher than what your thinking of the cost when it comes to wedding. The company is looking at their cost and time to what you are wanting to do. The price seems right, go for it. The cost seems expensive have a wedding party member drive the car they have.

Inquire with other companies and compare pricing without the word wedding. Say party or anniversary and see what they say.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're located in Winnipeg, where we don't have uber, but our wedding is an hour out of the city so any ride share apps are not an option anyways Smiley sad

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Turo - we've used it before and it's been amazing. We are in the GTA though, so there are a lot of options for us. I've heard it's not as useful if you're not close to bigger cities.
  • Sheena
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What app is that?!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a limo. It is easier for us.

ours is ~$850 for 6 hour limo service during the day to get everyone from home to the church, then move us, the bridal party and parents to the venue for pictures. The limo will go back for my grandparents just before the reception so they don’t need to stand around while the photos are happening.

we also get an hour of pick ups and drops offs once the reception is done.

Champagne and water is included as well.

If you're interested and in the GTA let me know and I can let you know who we’re using!
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are still deciding on this as well. Our first look kind of complicates things too.. our hotel where we are getting ready doesn’t exactly have the nicest areas for the photos. My photographer suggested we get a luxury Uber (some people use their really fancy cars) not sure where you are located but this could be an alternative.
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just using our regular cars to get around from home and to the venue. A week prior I will probably wipe down the interior and vacuum just to be safe however our cars are fairly clean already. My brother however, is very particular and his truck always looks brand new so we will be using that truck for myself as it also has really dark tinted windows.

The only thing I have read is to be careful with detailing products as you wouldn't want anything to rub off on suits let alone your dress! If you wanted to be extra safe you could put a blanket over your seat.

I wouldn't make a big deal out of the style of car you are using to get around, theres no shame in using an uber if you wanted to (:

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so insane for a 15 minute ride! No thank you, I would have someone drive me lol.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found limo companies to be very expensive. We decided to rent a 15 passenger van and have asked a friend to drive us for our photos. The big bonus is we have it for the entire weekend for less than the cost of a limo for part of our wedding day. We are getting married about 4 hours from home, so we can haul all of the wedding decorations to the wedding and home again all inside of the van. Now there is need to request family and friends to bring this or that.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a bit much for a long trip. But many limo companies have a minimum rental time, so you will get charged the minimum no matter what.

For us we are having 1 limo bus pick everyone up to do first look pictures, and then get us to the venue. Then after the reception to our hotel we were quoted $125 I think for a quick trip. But because it's a late night pick up there was no minimum.

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you looking to get a limo for everyone - including the groomsmen? We are renting a limo for 3 hours. My FH and I are both getting ready at our parents homes - both 20 mins from our venue. So we are getting one limo that will pick up the guys first - bring them to the venue, and then come pick up my bridesmaids and I to bring us to the venue. That way we are saving on the costs of getting separate limos or a bus. Also - many limo companies hourly minimums so it's best to fill the time if you have it.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were quoted something similar, so we scrapped the limo idea and rented a luxury car from a car rental app. One of my FH's brothers will drive and then he can have it after the wedding as well to show off to his buddies lol
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah, that is brutal. I think that is outrageous, I would not be able to justify it. As much as I want the limo and champagne experience to the venue, I think we are running into the same issue. Also going to be 15 minutes away, but I think that you can't just rent for 15 minutes, you have to pay the full time etc. Hopefully others can provide more insight!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are fortunate enough to have the venue for the entire weekend so we will drive ourselves out there and back (Friday-Sunday), but had we needed transportation we probably would have just had family members like the parents take us around. Maybe have one of them rent a vehicle that can hold a bunch of us? Not sure how much that would cost though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics