Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Traditional Wedding Cake

Allison, on December 5, 2019 at 13:08 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Rather than a traditional wedding cake, my FH and I are looking into a cannoli cake, sort of like this: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/388013324147243642/

Has anyone done a non-traditional "cake" like this, or have any bakery recommendations in the hamilton/burlington/niagara areas?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on December 10, 2019 at 05:30
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Allison!

This is such a cute idea. I love it! Looks delicious too.

There are a couple of bakers in each of those areas listed on the WeddingWire vendor directory you should reach out to see if they can create something similar -

Wedding Cakes Hamilton

Wedding Cakes Burlington

Wedding Cakes Niagara Falls

How many guests would you need this to feed?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMGG this is aesome i love this idea so different!

• K
    Curious February 2022 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a similar idea as I don't like cake we are going to tiered pies, all different flavours!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so fun! Depending on how big it will be you might need to make a tired "cake" stand with levels for the canoli. I know you can get cupcake ones but they might not be the best for stacking the canoli. I would also make sure there are tongs near by so people don't touch someone else's dessert!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having the same kind of idea as this, but with cupcakes. Each level will have a different flavour. Before we went with cupcakes, FH and I were thinking of a croquembouche tower instead, but we weren't really sure how cutting it worked, so we didn't want to complicate things lol but I think a canoli tower would be awesome! I've never seen one before and I'm all for non-traditional aspects in a wedding since you get to see the reflection of the couple in those details

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics