Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Traditional or Twist: Sleeping Separately The Night Before?

Cliodhna, on February 17, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 30

What will be your sleeping arrangements the night before your wedding? Will you and your fiancé(e) sleep together? Or are you trying to avoid seeing each other on the day of the wedding?

Are you and your fiancé(e) honouring tradition and sleeping separately? Or switching up the standard sleeping arrangements for something that suits you better?

Next Question: Father Walking You Down The Aisle

Back to the Beginning: Traditional or Twist?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Francesca, on March 12, 2020 at 07:54
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be sleeping at our parent's houses with our bridal party. He doesn't want to see me until the chapel doors open Smiley heart

• Lee-Andréa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely sleep better with my FH (and cat) than alone, and the excitement/nerves of the "big day" will already make it hard to sleep, I'm sure. :p

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure what were doing!

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll likely do this, but just in separate suites with our gang in the same hotel - so we may run into each other.. haha

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't actually decided this. I know where I am sleeping the night before as it's a hotel that's literally walking distance from the salon where we are getting ready and the venue. Getting to the salon in the core downtown of the city that early in the morning....it was worth the cost of the hotel.

My FH isn't sure where him and the guys are getting ready the day of, but I think it'll really come down to a logistically decision than a traditional one!

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are sleeping apart. It was easier in the end- as I am getting ready at the hotel and he is getting ready at our home.... so I stay alone at the hotel the night before, and we will see each other 24 hours later ❤️
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not sleeping together the night before, but we will be staying at the same hotel so we will spend the time the day before together, just not the sleeping part
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be sleeping together the night before the wedding. But from the morning on , we will not see each other until the ceremony. I'm excited to only seeing him when we are at the aisle.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked a hotel suite for the night before and plan to stay together for the night. We also booked a couples massage for the day before as well to relax and spend some time together. However, in the morning I am heading back to our house where the girls will be getting ready and he will stay there as the groomsmen are getting ready there.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditional here again! I think the night apart will make the wedding night a bit more special.

• Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello! we plan on sleeping in the same hotel but different rooms the night before. I will have a sleepover with my bridesmaids!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same bed making it the way we do at home no different.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We slept in the same bed - no way were we going to give up our cabin to other people the night before our wedding! It was either be together or let somebody else sleep there.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to stay together, we've rented a huge airbnb with our wedding party to get ready at, so we'll be getting ready at the same place too, just in separate rooms!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditional. He wanted to stay together, but Hair and Makeup started at 7:30 at my Dad's house, and that would mean me waking up way earlier than I did to get there!

Made it easier to sleep separately

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be staying together the night before. In the morning we will be getting ready separately!

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Separately Smiley smile
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be sleeping separately with our wedding parties! I think there’s something romantic about waking up and not seeing each other until the ceremony!
  • Melissa
    Beginner June 2021 New Brunswick
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our rehearsal will be the night before so after rehearsal me and my bridesmaids will be staying in one suite together and my fiancé and his groomsmen in another!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Traditional
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re sticking traditional with this one! We’ll have closed on our new home for the wedding but I’ll stay with my family and my FH will either be in our home or with his parents.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We slept separately. He stayed at our apartment and I shared a hotel room with my MOH
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now our plan is separately but that may change closer to the wedding date
  • K
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both have a hard time sleeping apart now that we've been living together for 2.5 years, so we're skipping the tradition for this one!

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our apartment is 5 minutes from our venue so I’m gonna be pissed when he decides to spend the night at his parents house 35 minutes away. He’s already mentioned wanting to do this despite also saying he will handle the decorating in the morning. Haha yeah buddy we’ll see about that.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will sleep apart the night before. I'll be hanging out with my girls.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    During the wedding planning process we've found that neither of us are particularly traditional 😅 so we'll be sleeping together the night before. I don't sleep well without him either so I'd rather get a good night's sleep the night before the wedding
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won't bother with this tradition. We sleep better alone and I want to be well rested for our big day!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nah, we don’t sleep well alone. Plus, one hotel room is cheaper than two!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditional for us - sleeping separately. I want to starfish to my heart's content.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics