Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hiba
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Toronto Venues that allow outside catering for Wedding

Hiba, on May 15, 2020 at 12:39 Posted in Ontario 3 5

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding a venue that will allow outside catering in Toronto (Tentatively, GTA) . I envisioned renting a venue and serving Nigerian/Lebanese cuisine, but so far all the places I've found provide North American, Chinese, or East Asian menus.

We'll be having 120-150 people at our wedding. Any help is appreciated!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Linda, on March 30, 2022 at 12:31
  • Linda
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Hiba this is extremely useful!!! Thanks for all the info. And all the best to you guys!
  • Hiba
    Hiba ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Linda,

This might be too late of a reply, but I'm hoping my response is helpful. We found the following venues that allowed outside catering:

1. Paradise Banquet Convention Centre - highly recommend this place based on our venue visit and coordination with Nina. Even though we ended up having a backyard wedding, this was our top choice for some time.

2. Ascott Parc Event Centre - this was our second choice, the venue was beautiful. They are more expensive than Paradise Banquet (they wanted to charge us ~$60 something per person despite us bringing in outside catering).

3. La Primavera - We did not see this venue and although it was a good candidate, it fell through the cracks for us and we never really followed up. They allow outside catering (with their approval). I believe they quoted us at $55 pp for general set up & clean up/waitstaff/ table linens.

4. St. James Cathedral Centre Event Venue - this venue is a bit tricky because you'll have to bring in a decor company for the place. You can't bring in any outside catering but they work with a number of caterers that can cook up anything (it ended up being way too expensive for us since we were bringing in both Lebanese and Nigerian cuisines). We had a video chat to see the place.

Even though the venues listed above allowed outside catering, some asked us to book with specific sound/DJ or decor companies that they work with which drove up the cost. In the end, we decided to have an intimate (30ppl) backyard wedding. We had a budget of $10k and we met that budget.

• Linda
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hiba,

Did you end up finding your venue?

I'm in a very similar position, and no luck so far.

Thanks so much,

Linda

• Hiba
    Hiba ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey,
    Thanks so much, I will look into the venues you listed Smiley smile

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Hiba! I got a search started for you for Venues in Toronto and pulled out a few that seem to allow outside catering - here are just a few examples

Toronto Botanical Garden

The Costume House

Canada's National Ballet School

Jessgo Gallery

Good luck in your search!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics