Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Torn between 2 ballgowns!

Miav, on September 14, 2019 at 22:10 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

Went dress shopping today and I really like these 2!

The first one has an illusion neckline (made a mistake of not removing my bra straps so it shows in the photos), it has more support

Option 1Torn between 2 ballgowns! 1Option 1Torn between 2 ballgowns! 2Option 1Torn between 2 ballgowns! 3

The second one has off-shoulder straps and sweetheart neckline which looks really romantic, I love off shoulder straps! Less support though so I'm not sure if that will be uncomfortable on the wedding day

Option 2Torn between 2 ballgowns! 4

Option 2Torn between 2 ballgowns! 5Option 2Torn between 2 ballgowns! 6

I'm so confused! I want both lol. Opinions please? TIA! Smiley smile

20 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on November 29, 2019 at 10:37
  • Stephanie
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look stunning in both! I am leaning towards the second!
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your a beautiful bride in both. I personally love the second one.

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found those cute little straps itched so bad after 20 min or less. As a bigger busted girl i am going with a corset back and no bra and i have beautiful support. I agree with others if this isnt an option(most seamstresses can-add this.) Go with clear straps on a bra. I love the first on you! Go with the one you didnt want to get out of!
  • Cash
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Cash ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have had brides and consultants warn me that the off the shoulder straps can chafe something awful, and start to feel pretty constricting... that being said both of these gowns are simply stunning!!!
  • R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, congratulations!
    You are such a beautiful bride! Both of these options look absolutely magical on you, and the second is the winner in my opinion. There is just something extra whimsical and elegant about it!

Smiley heart Smiley ring

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They are both soo gorgeous ! Its a hard tie- I love the first but second is a step up. They both look amazing. I would choose the one you would be more comfortable in, the one your more likely to be able to go the washroom in, the one you can sit in and eat comfortably.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the second one! theyre both super nice but i feel like the first one is too low cut for my family LOL!!

• L
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Linnae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE the second one!!!! Its so romantic looking!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you feel like a bride in both? Which one can you picture yourself walking down the aisle in? Saying "I do"?

Personally I like the 2nd one more (although many girls have different taste), and would actually think it would give more support. I see it's clipped in as it's too big on you but when it's your size it should fit you like a glove which would keep the girls in (I would think).

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both are beautiful, but I especially like the first one. It is amazing!
    As for support, do they already have cups sewn in? If not, a seamstress could add those easily. That would add some support.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If it's not TMI what is your bra size because cups don't actually offer any support whatsoever. They are mostly added to make sure there isn't a gap between you and the dress (for smaller chested ladies.) And any type of sticky bra isn't meant for anyone with more than a B cup. I don't mind sharing a picture but my mom bought me a sticky bra absolutely sure it would work (I didn't have high hopes) and because I have excess skin on my breasts it just crumples up my skin and looks awful and again there is really zero support offered.
  • Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The consultant at the dress shop yesterday told me about NU bras and that it would probably be the best for Option 1, or the seamstress can add cups so I wont have to wear a bra anymore. I'm not really sure yet on how that's supposed to work. Thanks a lot for your insight about clear straps and converters! I certainly didn't think about that!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah best case would be clear straps and then a low back bra converter but let me tell you both clear straps and those converters are so uncomfortable. I was planning on doing that for my dress but when I did a trial for our dance with my dance instructor I spent about 4 hours total in my day of bra and it was killing me by the time I got home. So I'm going to settle for just nude straps, with the way the lace is on mine, no one is even going to notice.
  • Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! Good point!

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both are really nice but I think I like the first one just a little more.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of these are super gorgeous and look amazing on you!!
    I think the first one would be best! You don’t have to worry about it falling down throughout the night!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look incredible in both of those, but that second one really has that "wow" factor Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re both STUNNING! i love them both, but the skirt on the second one is breathtaking.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow both gorgeous. The second one is better in my opinion. Just so magical. The first one also concerns me because you simply couldn't wear a bra with it without part of your bra showing.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow they're both gorgeous but I LOOOVE #1. It's so soft and romantic and I love the neckline and low back. Also I've heard that dresses get heavier throughout the day of wearing them, so if the second feels like there's less support after a few minutes of wearing it, I'd imagine that feeling would be exaggerated after 8 hours. Unless it could be altered to have more support.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics