Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Too late to add another groomsmen?

Jessica, on March 19, 2018 at 13:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

So my FH has recently become really really close with one of our new friends. Weve been friend with him for a couple years not but over the last 6ish months they have become closer then any of his other groomsmen, however , he was never asked to be in the party. My FH felt it was important to have same number as my bridesmaids and he wanted to make sure he included some of the guys he grew up with . Now, he regrets his decision with not adding him to his group. We are just under 6 months until the big day, do you think its too late and would be weird if he asked him now to join? if so does anyone have any suggestions on ways we can include him !? we were considering MC but this guy doesnt have the greatest public speaking skills and would prefer not to . Thanks everyone !

12 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on March 23, 2018 at 11:24
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as he has time to get his attire and everything then its no problem adding him to the group now! I think he would really appreciate it

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it’s fine because they have grown closer (i’m guessing since your FH asked his other groomsmen) and he will be making it an odd number so it won’t seem like he is asking late to fill a spot (although, most guys I know don’t pay attention to that sort of thing like girls do!)

• Julie-Ann
    Curious February 2018 Ontario
    Julie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The same kind of thing happened to me. I became close with a girlfriend very fast and ended up asking her to be in the wedding 4 months before. Luckily we hadn’t picked dresses yet and it all worked out. I knew I would regret not having her with us.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it is too late at all! He should totally go for it.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it’s too late but I would get on it ASAP if you are going to add him in! Or else it will be too late lol
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nah, it's never too late to add a guy in. Adding a girl in would be difficult because it takes longer to get dresses in than suits. I say go for it!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its too late! If its someone he wants beside him then ask him

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think its too late. I may have an odd number of bridesmaids if my man of honour doesn’t make it. So what we are going to do in that case is have 2 bridesmaids walk down the isle with the best man. The two that would be walking with the best man would be my co-MOH because my best friend is having a baby soon and I don’t want to have her stressed about all the responsibilities. I don’t see why you couldn’t also do that with your groomsman. Either have 2 best men walk with the MOH or just have 2 groomsmen walk down with one bridesmaid. Good luck figuring it all out Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't care about the numbers really as it doesn't make a difference in our ceremony or anything, but a thought of him almost being offended or thought of as an after thought was definitely a concern of mine ! though he is a pretty easy going guy and my FH has expressed to him alot how he wishes things were different maybe he wouldn't take it that way... we will have to see how the out come goes i guess if we do decide to add him!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're concerned about even sides or asking him too late that he feels like an after thought he could be an usher or do a reading during your ceremony.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's too late! If it's important to your FH, I think he should ask anyway, otherwise he might regret it down the road.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have the guys bought their outfits already? Or have they done the bachelor party?

If they haven't, I would say its definitely not too late to add him.

You could always make him an usher as well. So have him wearing a matching colour and be there to help out with guests when they arrive, he just wouldn't stand up at the front. He could also get ready with the guys, and go with them to the venue. You could always seat him at the head table too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics