Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

To Videographer or Not?

Natalie, on July 5, 2018 at 22:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21
Any newlyweds completely regretting not shelling out for a videographer for their wedding? I’m wondering if that’s something I should skip.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on July 10, 2018 at 15:26
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I decided to skip on the videographer and I doubt we will regret it. It would be nice but we will get candid videos from friends and family which I will love just as much

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're skipping a videographer and I don't think we'll regret it. The vast majority of married people we talk to say they never watch their videos.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping the videographer and using that money towards other things...but when I see some of the other wedding videos people have, I think they look amazing, so I also wonder if I am going to regret not having one.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! We didn't pay for editing at first, so we got to see all the videos after they were uploaded. We liked some of it, so we decided to pay for editing, in which I filled out a page of what I'd like to see in the video, songs to have it to etc.. Afterwards, I got 1 small editing change, which I used, as I wanted a specific part added which they hadn't done before. I love our video so much. We only paid for a highlight video, but it's a perfect amount of what they day was like.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were not going to have one.

But I found a guy who doesnt usually do wedding videos but other great videos for 300. Hes only shooting the ceremony but that's fine with me!
  • Amber
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t have it in the budget to afford both a photographer and a videographer. Our photographer is going to film our vows, so at least we’ll have that.
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that sounds super fun. Were you involved on the editing process? Noe im kind of curious about this idea.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahhh this is my biggest dilemma.... Everyone's wedding videos are so beautiful... but our budget just does not allow for videography... I'm definitely thinking a home camera (we have pro-grade ones), on a tripod to capture the ceremony. We could also set it up prior to the first look, and then again as we enter the reception, and for speeches.

I have video editing software for work, so I could create my own mini-video...

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting a video primarily for our elderly relatives who can’t make it to our wedding so they can experience the day too. Video is so much more interactive than just photos!
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a slight obsession with watching wedding videos lately. I was debated if it was worth the money and decided to watch a few videos on YouTube to see if I wanted one. Definitely do now. If I can cry about other couples love stories I know I want one of my own.
    My fiancé’s sister showed me hers and she said she doesn’t regret it one bit.
  • Natalie
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all the advice!! Now to convince future hubby that it’s worth it Smiley laugh
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You may regret not having a video to watch down the road. I had my husband fight ne on this topic many times beause of the cost.

Just tey to bargain with the videographer and see if they can work within your budget.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually won a contest that included a video package if we hired a certain company for the photography so we went with it!

I'm really excited to get video and the video we saw from them and their photos are so amazing I cannot wait!

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our plan was to go without too, but then we caved...we are doing things like a first look that I really want captured on video, and I want to remember our vows and speeches Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I almost didn't go for one, and then last minute found a company that I can rent cameras from, have the guests' record footage and they put it all together for you! It came out to about $700 (It's about 550 USD), and comes with 5 cameras, uploading footage to a website (which you can download all of it), and I paid for editing (included in the $700).

I actually like the video more than some of my photos, so I'm really glad I got to capture it, and from the guests perspective!

If you're interested, the company is called "Wedit". They were great to work with, and much more affordable than any quotes I got from the videographer.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to skip it until soo many people told me they regret it. After hearing them say that we went with the smallest package we found which was the ceremony made into a "feature film" that is 15 mins long and a "highlight film" which is 3-4 mins long and speeches for $750 😊
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you find it in your budget to buy a 200 video camera, then you can just set it up at the start of your isle, and have one of your pre determined guests turn it on for you so you can capture your vows Smiley smile then you'll at least have something to look back on!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really really really wanted one.... but it doesn't look like I will be able to afford both a photographer and a videographer. My main reason was that you can always take a still image from a video but you can't turn a picture into a video with sound and all! Now that we are serious and have a budget I don't think that this is something I can have done though - I will have to look into doing a home video or something instead. So if you can afford it I would say go for it!

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had one wedding where the bride thought it was not worth the money, then 1 week before decided she needed a videographer. When in doubt just do it, saves the hastle booking earlier then regretting it later and trying to book one week before.
    My parents and my fianće parents both had videos done, and being able to watch them is so much better then pictures, the raw emotion of them saying their vows could never be replaced by photos or be better showcased with photos

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics