Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alycia
Expert March 2020 Ontario

Tips for the big day?

Alycia, on January 30, 2020 at 00:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
Hey everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has any tips for the big day? Besides the obvious one everyone says "try not to stress" lol I will definitely doing my best at that already.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on February 5, 2020 at 00:30
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s actually a brilliant idea, I want photos to be fast and cocktail hour is an hour and a half, obviously, I wanna mingle a little before dinner, but I really love the idea of some chill out time just the two of us for a bit!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made a 30 block in my day of schedule to sit in the bridal room with my hubby and EAT and just hang out LOL!!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh cool, I’ll check it out!

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a template on Office Word for items in an emergency kit I printed out for the wedding day!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! That is all so helpful, I'll write those down.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ENJOY THE DAY!

It goes by too fast. There are so many things I planned out before the big day, and didn't end up using them at all.

Bring a pair of flip flops if you are wearing heels during the day.

If your hair is going to be down, or half up, bring a pony tail so you can throw it up quick at the end of the night.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eat/drink some water/go to the bathroom BEFORE you put your dress on. You'll be busy all day and may not necessarily have time to run to the bathroom/grab a granola bar/drink until the reception.

Don't sweat the small stuff! We forgot tape for our Polaroid guest book and luckily our coordinator went out and grabbed some. Thanks to her, some very minor things happened that I didn't know about until the next few days.

Accept help from your bridesmaids/parents/vendors. One of my bridesmaids got a friend to go out and buy some food. My photographer bustled my dress. My dad was the contact guy for all the vendors. If someone asks if they can help out, let them. It's your day and you are running the show, but don't do it alone.

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tori! You Are Awesome, you think of so many little things I would never think of, I need a friend like you in my life! I will definitely pay attention to what bra I wear, I may not wear any with my dress so I’ll just go without all day!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although you may not use all the items - it's a good idea to have a "emergency" kit. Inside you would have mints, band aids, tide to go, sewing kit, gum, advil, tums, two way tape, etc. That and if your dress is either backless, strapless, or illusion back; then remember to not put a bra on the morning you are getting ready so that you don't get those line marks!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome ideas, I’ll have my sister make sure I’m eating, I know myself and what your saying is a real risk. I get butterflies easily and it makes me lose my appetite, so having someone in charge of reminding/forcing me to at least snack is a great idea.

I lost lists and packing! So I’ll definitely be doing that, ahead of time, I hate the idea of running around flustered last minute, I always forget something or multiple things that way. (I will never understand my FH being able to pack the morning of a flight! It’s crazy to me lol )

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really great tips! Thank you, I’ll note them down Smiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard it's a good idea to assign someone in your bridal party to remind you to eat, drink water, and even pack an emergency kit for you. You'll be so excited and potentially nervous that it's easy to forget to eat until all you have in your system is champagne.

I would also make a list of things to pack and have it ready a few days before (deodorant, toothpaste, floss, Advil etc) so you aren't rushing around the day of trying to remember where you put something.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Remember to eat and drink water. That's what all my married friends keep telling me lol. The one that I'm keeping in mind most is to take in the moment with my new husband. Going off with just the 2 of us for 5 minutes after the ceremony to take in that we're married and savour the moment is an important one that I really want to share with FH.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics