Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Tips for Fall 2020 Outdoor Tent Wedding while Respecting Social Bubbles

Bethany, on July 13, 2020 at 23:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
For those having an outdoor tent wedding in Ontario this Fall: what have been your ideas and thoughts around how to do so while still allowing people to social distance if they choose? For example, assigned seating may not work if ppl are at a table with people not in their bubble. Some guests will care and some won’t but I feel I need to be respectful of those who will.
Are you considering a more casual “sit or stand where you choose” approach and spacing tables of different sizes around?
I’m finding that it’s going to cost even more to get a bigger tent and more tables to space people out. How are brides handling this?Looking for suggestions!!
*My initial # was 140 so will reduce to 100 if in October the gathering limit is still 100.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Anna, on July 24, 2020 at 13:13
  • A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a tented wedding in 2 weeks. We are finding that we need more space and more tables than normal since we are trying to space everyone out. I think having 100 people choose their own seats would be a bit of a mess.

We have arranged each table to include those from the same households or social bubbles only. This means we have some tables of 6, and some tables of 2! We ordered different sized tales based on these numbers. We have a couple who didn't know too many others there, so I asked them personally if they would be OK to sit with another couple, or if they would prefer their own table. They were very happy to have been consulted.

Here's an example of how some of my tables are arranged:

Table 2- brides mom/dad, aunt/uncle, grandma (all already see each other (placing at a round table)
    Table 5- bridesmaid/husband, bridesmaid/boyfriend (both couples already see each other) (placing at a 4ft rectangle table)
    Table 10- bridesmaid/husband (not comfortable seated with anyone else- got a small table for them) (placing at a 4ft rectangle table)

We are also taking care to space tables 6 ft apart. I have also tried to place people who I know are a bit more cautious on the perimeter of the tent, rather than the middle.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    More tables would be considered with less chairs per. Long tables may work giving the space to sit and still manage to have all your guests sit accordingly to the distance.
  • L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could always call guests or have someone call them and ask them who they would be comfortable sitting with, just a thought!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics