Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Tips for diy decor?

Christina, on November 17, 2020 at 16:03 Posted in DIY 0 14

Any tips for creating rustic/barn style DIY decor on a budget?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sharlene, on November 29, 2020 at 13:51
  • Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg turned out so good!!
  • Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s such a neat idea!
  • Elizabeth
    Newbie November 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tips for diy decor? 1
    Get crafty with hubby’s left overs lol
  • Elizabeth
    Newbie November 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on Saturday in a barn and a lot of decorations we crafted using shot gun shells and rifle brass casings
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like the others have said, shop second hand! I got half of my hurrican vases on fb yardsale and saved so much money.

I'm a less is more kind of gal, so I would focus on one or two rustic elements. Maybe wood disks and Mason jars with tea lights in them, or burlap runners with simple pillar candles.
    For diys I've seen some cute old windows as seating charts, some even have chicken wire in the panes and the names are clipped to the wire. You can paint your table numbers on wooden coins or mismatched jars.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I'm sure you will. That's when my fiance and I found most of our decor was in the spring time.

We're all done with our decor since we had everything ready before we had to postpone. We've gone for more of the elegant side for decor.

• Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't yet decided about a florist, I love the look of dried flowers and using some of the natural wild flowers/prairie grass that's around Alberta. But that's a great tip about going for more greenery - green is actually one of my colours so it should be perfect.

The lumber yard and food as decor suggestion is excellent - hadn't even thought of that. A touch of squashes and pumpkins could really be a nice touch, thanks!

• Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes great tip! Thanks Smiley smile

• Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes such a good idea - I'm hoping too that going into spring 2021, more wedding will have happened by then and more people will have stuff up there Smiley smile

What type of decor are you and your fiancee going for?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Marketplace in your area on Facebook and even join wedding sell/swap in your area on Facebook as well. My fiance and I have gotten a few things from other people that have been selling their stuff from their weddings. Usually for a discounted price then in store!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would check out marketplace and see if there are any groups where you can buy from couples who already got married. Not only is the stuff usually only used once you can get it sometimes all ready without having to do the work yourselves plus the cost savings are incredible. Also a good place to resell whatever you buy...
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing all DIY or will things like flowers be done by a florist? If you're using a florist, more greenery over flowers itself will save you some money and vibe well with your rustic look.

You may be able to get tree stumps by going to a lumber shop. They're pieces that can't be used for any type of construction but look great as centerpieces. Some may be able to polish them to make food grade food boards with it.

Use food as part of your decor since your wedding is held during harvest season and many crops will be in season and low price. Think Thanksgiving harvest table setups. That way you get a pretty table and can feed the crowd.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics