Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Tipping

Emily, on September 20, 2018 at 19:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Any advice on tips for vendors day of? Do you do a percentage or? Our venue had gratuities added into our fee so not concerned about that. More thinking about our photographer, DJ, day of coordinator etc.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 23, 2018 at 14:45
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't tip anyone since the service was provided by them and venue had gratuity added to its total already. The only thing given to all vendors were Thank You cards personally to them including the bakery.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Recommended is 10-15% for most vendors.

our photographer is a friend of mine. and instead of money. we are giving her a gift card to a store only she can shop at (shes married, has a kid. and NEVER buys for herself). and we are doing higher than the above percentage because she gave us a good deal on our photos.

our dj/coordinator - since they own the business. I am thinking a gift, hand written card.

our reception venue recommends 10% for tips. but they leave it up to us and its not included in their pricing.

hair/make up - i'm tipping what I normally tip a hairdresser (10 bucks).

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As Tori said I do a percentage off what I'm paying for their services! Except for photographer! Their price covers Engagament and prints and day of photos so I'm basing the tip off a smaller percentage! (I.e. I dont want to tip them on their charges for doing the prints at the end)
    Also keep in mind how everything works the day of! If you're not happy with how the coordinator handles the day of a smaller tip then! But 50-150 depending on services I feel like is fine!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with monetary value over percentage for most of those.

Photographer - maybe like $150 at most

DJ - $50-100

Coordinator - $50

Basically if you do the math for percentage at %15 and think that it's too high to tip then round down and tip a monetary amount.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics