Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Tipping

JuneBride, on April 22, 2018 at 17:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Besides the limo driver is there anyone else we are supposed to tip? The venue has added gratuity to the bill which I'm assuming is for the waitstaff and barstaff.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on July 30, 2018 at 09:47
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! This is super helpful - tips are something that you tend to forget about when you are budgeting. I just booked my photographer and he is the owner! I should really find that pinterest post... aha.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the vendor has charged for its services, then no tipping is needed. If you feel to give cash, you can. Alternatives of gifts or thank you card can be given otherwise.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on the vendor and their position within the company. If you have Jimmy from Jimmy's DJ Company working for you, then you don't have to tip, but if you have Jimmy from Big DJ Company, then you should tip.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would tip your hair stylist and makeup artist if you have them.
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest has some really good tipping guides. For example, if your photographer is the owner, you don't need to.
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My question too
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it really depends on the staff. If they seem to be giving it their all that day I would be more likely to give them a tip. We will be tipping the caterer (like you), our bartenders, our cake maker, our ceremony musician and possibly our DJ. They don't have to be large amount, even a nice gift, card or a gift card just to show your appreciation 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics