Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Timeline

Alyssa, on July 9, 2019 at 18:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Does anyone know if after the bridal party enters and bride and groom do there first dance. Do you do a small introduction of the wedding party or if dinner is ready do you go right into dinner.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 21, 2019 at 15:57
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You dont have to do that. our first dance isnt till later on in the evening.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can definitely do your first dance after you enter! We are not doing our first dance after we enter, just because our preference is to have it later in the evening.

Usually, the wedding party does their own entrance before the bride and groom and that is how they are introduced.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We personally didn't do any introductions. I made a program which had everyone's names on it, but that was it. It is totally up to you. If you have an MC generally your party would enter after you guys and the MC would introduce them.. If you're not doing that, it really just depends on personal preference.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Again as others have said, ultimately its your call.

Traditionally I think, when everyone has been seated for dinner, the wedding party makes their entrances, followed by the bride & groom and then you can flow right into your first dance if there is room in front of your head table. You two take a seat - then dinner!

OR (I really like this idea) everyone is seated, the bride and groom make their grand entrance followed by introducing each wedding party member and how they know them (a brief brief introduction provided by the bride and groom vs. the DJ). You might then have your first dance after dinner has finished just before you open up the dance floor to all of your other guests.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's definitely up to you! Our wedding party will be introduced right at cocktail hour so guests know who they are. My FH and I are taking 10-15 minutes to ourselves to reflect on the fact we just got married, and then doing our grand entrance with 45 minutes until dinner. We plan to mingle with a majority of our guests then so we don't feel like we have to do it during dinner courses. We're doing our first dance after dinner, but you can totally do it after the grand entrance.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on having the wedding party and parents introduced as they walk in Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You two base how you want to enter and get the reception started.

Generally the wedding party enters and then Bride/Groom leading into first dance and the rest is then decided. Only Introduction is names of wedding party, parents/siblings (optional) and finally yourselves (Bride & Groom)

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends on how you want your wedding to flow and your venue. We are doing our first dance right after entrances because then all the guests are in their seats and not wandering during dinner.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really it’s your choice when you do the first dance. I’ve been to weddings where the couple does their first dance right after the wedding party is introduced at the reception and I’ve been to ones where they go from introductions to dinner and so the first dance sometime during meal time or after dinner as a way to open the dance floor

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics